The Student Room Group

Male midwife

Evening all, my name is David, 36 and single dad of 3. I'm interested in becoming a male midwife and just after some information regarding the position and books to buy to help me along the way! After leaving the army I always wanted to go into the healthcare profession but never got around to doing it until now. Is it to late to go for it at 36???
Original post by David 2509
Evening all, my name is David, 36 and single dad of 3. I'm interested in becoming a male midwife and just after some information regarding the position and books to buy to help me along the way! After leaving the army I always wanted to go into the healthcare profession but never got around to doing it until now. Is it to late to go for it at 36???

No..you go Girl!!!
Original post by HettiBetti
No..you go Girl!!!

🤨...

Hi, getting some experience in healthcare would be a good start, experience specifically in midwifery can be hard to come by but have a good look around to see what is out there.
You will also need to see if you meet the entry requirements for the degree. The best place to start is looking at the university websites & looking at their midwifery BSc(Hons) subject page.
If you have been out of education for a while or have non-healthcare related qualifications, you may need to look at an access to higher education course.
Visiting university open days will also be helpful as you can meet current students, learn more about the course etc.
I’d personally say don’t bother about buying any books. You can find a lot out online: royal college of midwives (RCM), nursing & midwifery council (NMC), nhs health careers are good places to get some more information.
I hope this helps
Original post by Bathila
🤨...

That means he can do it!!!!!
you can do it!
with my first I had a male and female community midwife.
my dad also did project 2000 (nursing) and got on with no experience after passing the entrance tests.
he was 39 when he started.

Just cane across this
Did you go for midwifery in the end? Male midwifes are such a blessing. They have a different energy to woman.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending