The Student Room Group

AQA English Literature GCSE 2018

Just to begin, the texts i’m studying are:
-Power and Conflict cluster
-Romeo and Juliet
-Jekyll and Hyde
-An Inspector Calls

I’m pretty strong on everything but Romeo and Juliet, there is so many quotes and so many characters and i’m struggling because i’m worried that i might not pick a quote that will relate to the question in May...

I just want to say, for the question in May, we can rule out conflict/male aggression as that was the question last summer if anyone was interested.

Does anybody have some tips or even some really good quotes and analysis points for revising Romeo and Juliet???
Original post by s_anon
-Romeo and Juliet
-Jekyll and Hyde
-An Inspector Calls

I’m pretty strong on everything but Romeo and Juliet, there is so many quotes and so many characters and i’m struggling because i’m worried that i might not pick a quote that will relate to the question in May...

I just want to say, for the question in May, we can rule out conflict/male aggression as that was the question last summer if anyone was interested.

Does anybody have some tips or even some really good quotes and analysis points for revising Romeo and Juliet???

[video="youtube;TSE04T8fcts"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSE04T8fcts&list=PLqGFsWf-P-cB7YAoARj6iAFCglAfy9aN2[/video]
F2CC331A-7243-4117-A6C2-4F34094BDDC7.jpg.jpeg I would personally purchase these books off amazon they come for other novels too and these are by far the best books they have everything u need to your exam from quotes to practice questions to summary’s and everything else
Original post by javeria161718
F2CC331A-7243-4117-A6C2-4F34094BDDC7.jpg.jpeg I would personally purchase these books off amazon they come for other novels too and these are by far the best books they have everything u need to your exam from quotes to practice questions to summary’s and everything else

okay thank you so much!!
Original post by s_anon
-Romeo and Juliet
-Jekyll and Hyde
-An Inspector Calls

Hi,

I am currently studying English Literature A-Level and have received an offer to study Law at Oxford University so I think I can help with the issue at hand.

I would make a short list of broad themes that may come up, for example, love, anger, class/social status, gender, that you think appear in Romeo and Juliet. For each theme, use an A4 piece of paper and make a mind map, putting the theme in the middle of the page and branching off key characters e.g. Lord Capulet or key relationships e.g. Romeo and Juliet, (or both) and from these characters, branch off key quotes or techniques used by the author to demonstrate the key theme. This way, you revise key quotes in the text as a whole (there are certain quotes that will be valuable no matter the question that comes up in May) and you also get experience at planning an essay as this is essentially what this skill is doing for you. Remember to keep these A4 pieces of paper as revision tools.

Any questions, just ask :smile:
Original post by QueenBrooke
Hi,

I am currently studying English Literature A-Level and have received an offer to study Law at Oxford University so I think I can help with the issue at hand.

I would make a short list of broad themes that may come up, for example, love, anger, class/social status, gender, that you think appear in Romeo and Juliet. For each theme, use an A4 piece of paper and make a mind map, putting the theme in the middle of the page and branching off key characters e.g. Lord Capulet or key relationships e.g. Romeo and Juliet, (or both) and from these characters, branch off key quotes or techniques used by the author to demonstrate the key theme. This way, you revise key quotes in the text as a whole (there are certain quotes that will be valuable no matter the question that comes up in May) and you also get experience at planning an essay as this is essentially what this skill is doing for you. Remember to keep these A4 pieces of paper as revision tools.

Any questions, just ask :smile:

Thank you so much for that! And well done on your offer Oxford University!!

Today I finished making a page of quotes for each character and tomorrow i’m going to do the same for themes, do you think it will work in the same way or should I restart and follow what you have said??

Thank you again for your help!! X
Original post by s_anon
Thank you so much for that! And well done on your offer Oxford University!!

Today I finished making a page of quotes for each character and tomorrow i’m going to do the same for themes, do you think it will work in the same way or should I restart and follow what you have said??

Thank you again for your help!! X

Thank you very much, that's so kind!

Also. everybody's brain works differently so ultimately, you know what works best for you. However, although making a page of notes for each character is the most thorough method, it may not be the best revision tool. At GCSE, I made the mistake of trying to work too hard and I gave myself too much to do and that affected my well-being. I think by making the mind-maps, especially if you can use different colours/diagrams, you can condense your notes and make links more effectively.

Hope this helps x
Hi! I think this revision website may help with Romeo and Juliet. It's specific for the AQA exam and it's free to use https://app.senecalearning.com/classroom/course/00f70050-30ed-11e8-a763-490dd4eebe44/section/263b4100-30ed-11e8-a763-490dd4eebe44

Latest

Trending

Trending