The Student Room Group

I need history help

How do I revise history edexcel?
I usually revise with flashcards for science but I'm sick of them after doing so many.
Where do I find the best exam structure and possible exemplar responses?
Is it worth just using the CGP book since my teacher doesn't really teach us?
Thanks.
Reply 1
Original post by Psaa
How do I revise history edexcel?
I usually revise with flashcards for science but I'm sick of them after doing so many.
Where do I find the best exam structure and possible exemplar responses?
Is it worth just using the CGP book since my teacher doesn't really teach us?
Thanks.

same my teacher didnt teach us anything for sht like one of my as well as other students in my schools weakest subject
Reply 2
Original post by Chidowee
same my teacher didnt teach us anything for sht like one of my as well as other students in my schools weakest subject

I haven't done any revision for it yet either...
Definitely do mindmaps for stuff and even though I also hate flash cards they’re good cose you need to know lots of facts and if you write them down and try to memorise them it’s what the examiners want
All you need to pass History:

Christians are bad because crusades, which means Muslims are good. Jews are good, because Nazis are bad, and Nazis killed Jews. But that was a long time ago, so Muslims are better than Jews today, and also because Jews are rich money grabbers scheming to conquer the world behind the scenes. But they're still good, because Nazis were, are, and always will be invariably bad. Because Nazis are bad, communism is good... which means America and Europe is bad. And today's Russia is also bad, because it's no longer communist. China is fake communist, so is also bad, but not as bad as America, because America is richer than China.

Aced.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 5
Have you tried Seneca Learning - there's got this course on 1918-1939 Germany https://app.senecalearning.com/classroom/course/41857c40-325b-11e8-9e12-b76930b9a46c/new-session and are apparently bringing out more Edexcel content soon. I've been finding it really helpful, as finds ways of making you remember the dates, key events, what happened etc.
But also for the long questions and analysis, practice essays I find best. The questions on each topic don't change massively by year, so just find old exam questions and make essay plans / do timed essays etc . That's what I find best !
If you go on my history thread (i don’t know if you can) I’ve been answering the same question with a lot of detail on how to do it best. It’s called “I can help if you’ve done these topics”

Quick Reply

Latest