The Student Room Group
Roehampton Library | Roehampton University
University of Roehampton
London
Visit website

Accomodation

I know Roehampton has a policy for overnight guests and you can't have them stay for more than 3 nights, and since they check for student ID at the gate, realistically how enforced is this? I have a friend wanting to visit a week or so and am not sure they are allowed to stay with me because of these rules. Am I being rational in being concerned about security or are they more relaxed with the front gate than I think? Anything helps..
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help :h:
Roehampton Library | Roehampton University
University of Roehampton
London
Visit website
Reply 2
I'm on the Whitelands campus, which may operate slightly differently to others, but overnight visitors here are not monitored at all. We're free to bring in who we like, when we like, how often we like. I really wouldn't worry.
Original post by hxyleigh
I'm on the Whitelands campus, which may operate slightly differently to others, but overnight visitors here are not monitored at all. We're free to bring in who we like, when we like, how often we like. I really wouldn't worry.

Hi! I read the Whitelands is for people studying Psychology and Life Sciences! Im just wondering if it actually matters where you stay? Im going to be studying Psychology, and I applied for Chadwick Hall because I had no idea! Should I ask to change it for Whitelands? If majority of people doing Psychology live there? Or will it make no difference?
Reply 4
Original post by KarianneHoff
Hi! I read the Whitelands is for people studying Psychology and Life Sciences! Im just wondering if it actually matters where you stay? Im going to be studying Psychology, and I applied for Chadwick Hall because I had no idea! Should I ask to change it for Whitelands? If majority of people doing Psychology live there? Or will it make no difference?

I really love living on Whitelands, personally. Being the smaller campus, it has a much more cosy, ‘home’ feel to it. It’s also super convenient only having to walk two minutes to get to lectures. In my flat of 10, 8 of us study Psychology, which comes in really handy when discussing course material and assignments. Also, being the Life Science campus, it means you’re surrounded by like-minded people with similar interests. The accommodation itself is also nicer, in my opinion, and all rooms are en-suite.

It’s up to you, and I do know of plenty of people who have lectures on one campus and live on the other. Main campus seems to be a lot more sociable ‘party’ wise, which you may or may not prefer, and has the advantage of the library. The scenery is also nicer, what with Whitelands being next to the council estate.

Wherever you stay, you’ll meet some wonderful people and have a great time!
Original post by hxyleigh
I really love living on Whitelands, personally. Being the smaller campus, it has a much more cosy, ‘home’ feel to it. It’s also super convenient only having to walk two minutes to get to lectures. In my flat of 10, 8 of us study Psychology, which comes in really handy when discussing course material and assignments. Also, being the Life Science campus, it means you’re surrounded by like-minded people with similar interests. The accommodation itself is also nicer, in my opinion, and all rooms are en-suite.

It’s up to you, and I do know of plenty of people who have lectures on one campus and live on the other. Main campus seems to be a lot more sociable ‘party’ wise, which you may or may not prefer, and has the advantage of the library. The scenery is also nicer, what with Whitelands being next to the council estate.

Wherever you stay, you’ll meet some wonderful people and have a great time!

Wow thank you so much! I think im going to ask to change my accommodation then as I want to be able to be with people from my course!
Reply 6
Original post by KarianneHoff
Wow thank you so much! I think im going to ask to change my accommodation then as I want to be able to be with people from my course!

Yeah, it really does make a huge difference. I’d definitely recommend it, I’m even living here for my second year. Accommodation are pretty flexible, I’m sure you won’t have a problem switching over!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending