gcse revision.the question you and everybody want the answer for!please help me

Watch
erthfc9
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
do you think 20 hours of revision a week running from now until study leave begins is enough ?does anyone have any suggestions of how i could improve my revision i would really appreciate some help and encouragement to calm my nerves .i started revision towards the end of february and have done probably 1.5 hours on a school night and 4 hours on a weekday but i still do not feel at all confident and i am nervous. i am in year 10 but taking all my gcses this year including maths,eng lit and language ,geography,history,biology and physics.i took religious studies and modern hebrew last year when i was 13/14 (in year 9)and got an A* and A and i really want to continue getting great results.any suggestions welcome .please help a fellow student
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by erthfc9)
do you think 20 hours of revision a week running from now until study leave begins is enough ?does anyone have any suggestions of how i could improve my revision i would really appreciate some help and encouragement to calm my nerves .i started revision towards the end of february and have done probably 1.5 hours on a school night and 4 hours on a weekday but i still do not feel at all confident and i am nervous. i am in year 10 but taking all my gcses this year including maths,eng lit and language ,geography,history,biology and physics.i took religious studies and modern hebrew last year when i was 13/14 (in year 9)and got an A* and A and i really want to continue getting great results.any suggestions welcome .please help a fellow student
Year 10 matters less. just do as much as you reasonably can and catch up in the holidays. You are doing a moderate amount. As its also year 10 then you have half the work to cover as well. plenty of time to catch up.

Work hard in year 10, make good notes and you will have less to do in year 11.
erthfc9
Rep:
?
i am in year 10 but i am doing All MY GCSES THIS YEAR . im doing 7 including maths ,english lit, english lang ,geography, history, physics and biology
(Original post by 999tigger)
Year 10 matters less. just do as much as you reasonably can and catch up in the holidays. You are doing a moderate amount. As its also year 10 then you have half the work to cover as well. plenty of time to catch up.

Work hard in year 10, make good notes and you will have less to do in year 11.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
i am in year 10 but i am doing All MY GCSES THIS YEAR . im doing 7 including maths ,english lit, english lang ,geography, history, physics and biology
You just have to make the most of the time left. Get past the note making and understanding phase to the exam and past paper phase. Look at your remaining plan and if you cant finish things then you need to do more. Doing past papers tests recall. If you start to do well, then you are making progress.
AhhhAlevels
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
This is completely dependent on how you revise, ur attention span, ur mental health, ur grades, how much progress u want to see, how efficiently u revise etc. Don’t put a number on it, and don’t compare yourself to others. Do what is right for YOU! x
caymen
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
U want me to make u a revision timetable or not
erthfc9
Rep:
?
(Original post by caymen)
U want me to make u a revision timetable or not
yes please .i have one but your one might be better.if you dont mind
caymen
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
yes please .i have one but your one might be better.if you dont mind
If u private message me I'll send u may email so u can email me stuff I need for it and do u have Google hangouts
erthfc9
Rep:
?
no thankyou.i have made my own timetable
(Original post by caymen)
If u private message me I'll send u may email so u can email me stuff I need for it and do u have Google hangouts
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (226)
61.08%
No (77)
20.81%
Not sure (67)
18.11%

Watched Threads