The Student Room Group

Having Trouble Revising RE

It's just over a month until GCSEs and to be honest I have only just started revising. I'm getting 6-8 in all of my subjects as it is, so I never really had any incentive to revise but it has just hit me how much I need to revise for RE.
I'm doing AQA Religious Studies A, Christianity and Islam. I have bought the revision guide but I have no clue where to start! In class we have covered most of the Islam Beliefs and Teachings section, and are apparently going to revise the rest of the course over the next 5 weeks in class too. So, what do I focus on?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Linkin_J
It's just over a month until GCSEs and to be honest I have only just started revising. I'm getting 6-8 in all of my subjects as it is, so I never really had any incentive to revise but it has just hit me how much I need to revise for RE.
I'm doing AQA Religious Studies A, Christianity and Islam. I have bought the revision guide but I have no clue where to start! In class we have covered most of the Islam Beliefs and Teachings section, and are apparently going to revise the rest of the course over the next 5 weeks in class too. So, what do I focus on?

Hey, I also do this spec and I'd say make a mindmap for each part (e.g. one for christian beliefs, one for christian practices etc) but also note key quotations that could be used for multiple questions:
http://www.oxnotes.com/christianity-quotes-gcse-religious-studies.html

I have some quotation sheets (will attach in a sec but my computer is having an episode)
quote.jpg
Attachment not found
Ngl, I don't think I've ever revised for R.S in my life.
Reply 4
Original post by lydiarutharnold
Hey, I also do this spec and I'd say make a mindmap for each part (e.g. one for christian beliefs, one for christian practices etc) but also note key quotations that could be used for multiple questions:
http://www.oxnotes.com/christianity-quotes-gcse-religious-studies.html

I have some quotation sheets (will attach in a sec but my computer is having an episode)

Thanks a lot for these! I think the idea of mind mapping each section will be a great idea. I already have hundreds of mind maps all over my walls, I just didn't think of doing it for RE. The quotations are very useful, thanks. Do you have anything on Islam too by any chance?
Reply 5
Original post by Fazzy_77
Ngl, I don't think I've ever revised for R.S in my life.

Neither which is why I need to start now :boring:

Quick Reply

Latest