The Student Room Group

REVISE: GCSE English with me! Last Minute Preparation

I've spent most of Easter revising my priority subjects, Maths & Science, now it's about time I got some work underway for English.

Board: AQA
Books: AIC, Jekyll & Hyde & Macbeth
Poetry: Love and Relationships (Cringe)

Scroll to see replies

Same as you
Exam board: AQA
Books: AIC, MACBETHS & CHRISTMAS CAROL (I HATE IT SO MUCH!)
Poetry Cluster: LOVE AND RELATIONSHIPS (love it, it's easier than power and conflict when you think about it. Be grateful!)
Original post by sharri.coco
Same as you
Exam board: AQA
Books: AIC, MACBETHS & CHRISTMAS CAROL (I HATE IT SO MUCH!)
Poetry Cluster: LOVE AND RELATIONSHIPS (love it, it's easier than power and conflict when you think about it. Be grateful!)

Ik our poetry is so much easier imo
what are your current grades?
English Language: 8, few marks off a 9 though
Literature: 5/6 didn't do CC question I got confused :frown:
what are your current grades?
English Language: 8, few marks off a 9 though
Literature: 5/6 didn't do CC question I got confused :frown:

Predicted: 7,7
Recent mocks: Lit - 8 Lang - 7

For English Lit I have snap revision guides for each of my books, I rewrite clever analysis in my own words in the exam!
How do you do so well in Language?
Original post by adamantacademic
Predicted: 7,7
Recent mocks: Lit - 8 Lang - 7

For English Lit I have snap revision guides for each of my books, I rewrite clever analysis in my own words in the exam!
How do you do so well in Language?

I just do good in q5, every time I get 35/40, and it's not even my teacher marking it she sends it off to PIXL for them to mark, anyways just do practice questions and you'll be fine x
board: aqa
books: aic, macbeth, jekyll and hyde
poems: power and conflict

how are you guys finding macbeth?
I just do good in q5, every time I get 35/40, and it's not even my teacher marking it she sends it off to PIXL for them to mark, anyways just do practice questions and you'll be fine x

Thanks, all the best!
Original post by entertainmyfaith

I like Macbeth, themes aren't too hard and very easy to write about. I paraphrase my quotes and only remember the keyword that I'll analyse in the exam tbh, what about you?
Thanks, all the best!

thank you sweets, you too!
I like Macbeth, themes aren't too hard and very easy to write about. I paraphrase my quotes and only remember the keyword that I'll analyse in the exam tbh, what about you?

probably my least favourite book- though i somehow manage to pull through the mock okay
currently trying to find some good quotes for macbeth, some i'm finding hard to do more than a one-line analysis of though!

Wow we have same books, I'd probably say Macbeth is worst for me out of the 3! I really enjoy AIC + Jekyll and Hyde, discussing context (society, class, genders) and all that. I heard 'Witches' is a likely question of M'beth.
Wow we have same books, I'd probably say Macbeth is worst for me out of the 3! I really enjoy AIC + Jekyll and Hyde, discussing context (society, class, genders) and all that. I heard 'Witches' is a likely question of M'beth.

i'm just not keen on shakespeare at all:redface: and i feel like some really obscure extract is going to come up in the exam!
probably my least favourite book- though i somehow manage to pull through the mock okay
currently trying to find some good quotes for macbeth, some i'm finding hard to do more than a one-line analysis of though!

give me the quote, I'll see if I can analyse it in 8 minutes

I've done a question on Macbeth's belief in magic; if so then I'm memorising that one
i'm just not keen on shakespeare at all:redface: and i feel like some really obscure extract is going to come up in the exam!

I had that worry but don't even think about it because if extract is sh*t and obsucre, you can infer pretty much anything - as long as you substantiate with quotes from extract + other parts you'll get the marks!
give me the quote, I'll see if I can analyse it in 8 minutes

"there's no art to find the mind construction in the face"
"there's no art to find the mind construction in the face"

this is really hard, is there a question to go with this, I've come up with a good analysis for this but I'm lacking the point part
this is really hard, is there a question to go with this, I've come up with a good analysis for this but I'm lacking the point part

no sorry! i just was ordering quotes under themes and i put this under deception or appearance vs reality if that helps in any way.

Do you think I'll be safe by revising only Jekyll and Hyde for character quotes?
How are u revising the texts

Quick Reply

Latest