The Student Room Group

is it too late to start revising now?

so I have my first a level exam in like 4/5 weeks and I have not done one bit of revision. If I start tomorrow could i make it? last year In my gcses I only started revising the night before my exams but I'm aware I need to make more of an effort with my a levels and I came out with a few As Bs and Cs

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You should have been revising the whole year...
Reply 2
Never too late, every bit of revision you do will help you get a higher grade.
Reply 3
Its never too late start revising now!
I've only just started revising, but it's never too late! Make sure you prioritise the parts you don't understand and go from there, and take regular breaks so you don't burn out.
Only time will tell, but each day you waste it becomes less and less likely.

Reply 6
ye too late
dont bother
Any revision is better than no revision
Revise as every bit counts. Some people need to start revising from the start of the year to get A*s whilst others could start revising a few weeks before and get A*s 🎀
omg you started the night before your exams? i am doing my gcses and i started a while back and im still not sure if ill get b's lol. well i guess the new gcses have become harder tho
Original post by Bookaddict02
omg you started the night before your exams? i am doing my gcses and i started a while back and im still not sure if ill get b's lol. well i guess the new gcses have become harder tho

yes i was lucky and I still succeeded but please do not
follow my example as I was extremely stressed when I done that. revise as far In advance as you possibly can
Not to late, get to it! Make sure its effective revising too, an hour of good revision can easily gain more than 3 hours of distracted revision. You can do it.
Quality over Quantity
If you can do 1-2 hours for each subject till exams in june then you should be good
Just change your mindset and believe you can do it, also STOP BEING LAZY
Original post by Apple2017
so I have my first a level exam in like 4/5 weeks and I have not done one bit of revision. If I start tomorrow could i make it? last year In my gcses I only started revising the night before my exams but I'm aware I need to make more of an effort with my a levels and I came out with a few As Bs and Cs

It's not so much about time- but your willpower and how much effort you put in :smile: Use these Easter holidays to revise properly! I've only started properly revising now, but then again my first exam is on the 5th June so I have 2 months left
5 weeks is enough to learn everything. I gave myself 2 months for AS, and I'm doing the same for A2. I learnt everything with two weeks to spare and only tended to do 15 mins a day in a single session. You can definitely do it all if you put your mind to it and make your study periods short bursts.

It's never too late don't listen to anyone else. I revised the day before for my mocks and guess what? I got all 4 A*s

nah but seriously start revising now.
Original post by Bookaddict02

I did this too or didn't revise and I came out with mostly As and A*s. Please don't do this though, I suffered when I was doing AS as I was only learning how to revise properly then!! I'm glad you started a while ago, best of luck with your exams :smile:
it's not too late although it'll be a tiring 6-8 weeks. Tbh, I've only started proper revision this Easter but I've been pretty consistent throughout the year in most topics for my subjects.

One piece of advice however is to create a timetable for the next 4-5 weeks, specifying times and topics. This will be vital. Don't be afraid to change your timetable as well if you feel the need to as it is sometimes necessary. Also, concentrate on the most difficult topics first. Gl.
If you start now, you will probably do better than if you start next week.

If you'd started last week, you would probably do better than if you started now ... but that option is no longer available to you.

So, all in all, I'd say that your best remaining bet is probably to start revising now.

Mate that is plenty of time providing that you do actually start revising now, don't sweat it and get cracking!

Quick Reply

Latest