The Student Room Group

[GYG] Bubba's Battle to Grow his grades!

Hello friends!

My name is Bubba!
This is my first thread on the student room! I am currently in Year 12, doing A-Levels, trying to grow my grades! I am hoping to apply for both Medicine and Natural Sciences!

I am currently studying:
Chemistry (OCR)
Biology (Eduqas)
Maths (Edexcel)

Target: A*A*A

Revision List

Spoiler

GCSEs

Spoiler

A-Level Predictions

Spoiler

(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
05/04/2018

Today was a very sunny day!
I managed to do some Chemistry Revision, mainly on Alkenes, doing past papers and shizzle. I need some more work on polymers and how they can be used sustainably.
Also went to the gym after, to do some light cardio and practice my form on the bench press.
Finally, went to volunteer at the hospital before doing a bit more biology revision.

Hopefully tomorrow is just as sunny!
Original post by Bubbaaa
05/04/2018

Today was a very sunny day!
I managed to do some Chemistry Revision, mainly on Alkenes, doing past papers and shizzle. I need some more work on polymers and how they can be used sustainably.
Also went to the gym after, to do some light cardio and practice my form on the bench press.
Finally, went to volunteer at the hospital before doing a bit more biology revision.

Hope you're still enjoying the sun!

How did your past Chemistry papers go?
Reply 3
Original post by Evil Homer
Hope you're still enjoying the sun!

How did your past Chemistry papers go?

I am very much still enjoying the sun! Thank ya man!
Didn't do too much chemistry revision today. Mainly just made some chemistry flash cards! :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 4
06/04/2018

Today was also a sunny day! Hurray!
Went to the library and updated my chemistry notes. Made a few flash cards about polymers.
Did an applied Maths paper and struggled a bit on binomial distribution. Need to revise a bit on that!
Finally, did made some notes on Mitosis, ready for the week back to school! Keeping organised and hopefully tomorrow is just as sunny!
Hi:grin:
The weather today was great:love:
Which Is your favourite a-level?
Good luck, will be watching your journey:hugs:
Reply 6
Original post by Toastiekid
Hi:grin:
The weather today was great:love:
Which Is your favourite a-level?
Good luck, will be watching your journey:hugs:

Hi friend!
Glad you’re enjoying the sun! My favourite a level at the moment is maths! I have a really good class and I feel the lessons are very relaxed but I learn lots as well!

What about yours? 😊
Original post by Bubbaaa
Hi friend!
Glad you’re enjoying the sun! My favourite a level at the moment is maths! I have a really good class and I feel the lessons are very relaxed but I learn lots as well!

What about yours? 😊

That sounds lovely:love:
I'm actually doing gcses right now:lol: though I do plan to do a-level maths:emo:
Reply 8
Original post by Toastiekid
That sounds lovely:love:
I'm actually doing gcses right now:lol: though I do plan to do a-level maths:emo:

You definitely should! It is a lot of fun!
Good luck with your GCSEs!!
Reply 9
07/04/2018

Today was not as sunny but a nice day nevertheless!
Went over my flashcards today, going over the transport mechanisms in plants.
Did one more applied Maths paper and it went quite well! I should focus more on pure in my future revision.
Finally did most of a chemistry paper that we were set to do during Easter. Haven't finished it but will do tomorrow!

Off to work now!

Hopefully tomorrow is sunny! :smile:
Original post by Bubbaaa
You definitely should! It is a lot of fun!
Good luck with your GCSEs!!

Thank you:hugs:
It was still pretty warm today:grin:
Reply 11
08/04/2018

Today was also rainy!
Started off by doing some biology past papers, should practice a bit more tomorrow as I am a bit wobbly on subjects like transport in plants.
Did a pure maths paper, at around lunch time and finally finished of the day with some revision on alkanes! Quite confident on alkanes overall, just need to review a bit of radical substitution!

Hopefully tomorrow is sunny!
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Bubbaaa
08/04/2018

Today was also rainy!
Started off by doing some biology past papers, should practice a bit more tomorrow as I am a bit wobbly on subjects like transport in plants.
Did a pure maths paper, at around lunch time and finally finished of the day with some revision on alkanes! Quite confident on alkanes overall, just need to review a bit of radical substitution!

Hopefully tomorrow is sunny!

Well done on the revision :smile: Doing same subjects as you but year 13 :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by nisha.sri
Well done on the revision :smile: Doing same subjects as you but year 13 :smile:

Ooh! Nice! What subject are you finding the most hard at the moment, I’m finding biology a bit difficult 😵
Original post by Bubbaaa
Ooh! Nice! What subject are you finding the most hard at the moment, I’m finding biology a bit difficult 😵

I used to find biology the hardest but now im putting a lot of work into it im finding it ok and i seem to understand the content more than chemistry mainly because we had A TERRIBLE teacher ! :frown: But yh, getting there:biggrin:
Reply 15
~ 10-12/4/2018 ~

Haven’t updated in a few days I forgot, ahah!
Today was not fairly sunny!

For the past few days I have been updating my flash cards.
Yesterday I did one chemistry past paper on reactivity trends! Feeling fairly confident about the mock we are going to have after Easter!!

Hopefully tomorrow is even sunnier!
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by nisha.sri
I used to find biology the hardest but now im putting a lot of work into it im finding it ok and i seem to understand the content more than chemistry mainly because we had A TERRIBLE teacher ! :frown: But yh, getting there:biggrin:

Sorry to hear you have a bad teacher, I find I am having a similar issue in Biology.
I hope it all goes good for you though! Keep working hard :biggrin:
Reply 17
~ 14 - 04 - 2018 ~

Today was very sunny!
Managed to finish all my Easter homework ready for the day back then went to the gym.
Now going to relax a bit, going to review my biology and chemistry flash cards.

Reply 18
~ 16 - 04 - 2018 ~

Went back to school today!
Really enjoyed seeing everyone. Luckily our chemistry test has been postponed.

Did a Jan 2012 paper on Chains, Energy and Resources. Managed to score 85% which is an A!! Giving me hope for the test, found out I need to work on understanding CFCs depleting the ozone layer. Then went over my flash cards and now calling it a day!

Reply 19
~ 17 - 04 - 2018 ~

GOT AN A IN MY BIOLOGY MOCK WOO!
Felt very reassuring! I feel as if though I am on the right track; one moth till the A2 Transfer exams, hopefully I can maintain this grade.

Today I continued on with my revision for the Chemistry mock exam as well as doing a bit of pure and applied maths revision.
Did a 2013 Atoms Bonds and Groups past paper and managed to find some more areas to improve on: mainly just being careful!
Finally, went over my flashcards on quizlet and at last did some questions on bond enthalpy as I was struggling a bit on those calculations.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending