The Student Room Group

How do you motivate yourself to study?

I have mock exams coming up so i need to study during the Easter holiday but I can't seem to focus. What do you do?

Any help would be appreciated
Reply 1
https://youtu.be/0u_FkSzXyIY

This my friend will get you on track.
Original post by Khadija.R123
I have mock exams coming up so i need to study during the Easter holiday but I can't seem to focus. What do you do?

Any help would be appreciated

Remember that you will have to study at some point, but it's better to do it earlier than later and in smaller chunks. I use leisurely things as initiative, so I tell myself to read a chapter of a textbook before I can go on to play a video game or relax for example. That takes a lot of self discipline but I think rewarding yourself with small things regularly can be a great way to push yourself to study. I will not do something I enjoy until I've at least tried to study, and usually I do just what I need to. Then I don't feel so bad when I do relax/play video games because I know I've done some work. If I study all day, then the next day will be a day of leisure or predominantly leisure. I think it's important to balance out study and leisure like this to avoid burning yourself out!
Original post by Yme2day
https://youtu.be/0u_FkSzXyIY

This my friend will get you on track.

Thnx, really helpful
Original post by hannxm
Remember that you will have to study at some point, but it's better to do it earlier than later and in smaller chunks. I use leisurely things as initiative, so I tell myself to read a chapter of a textbook before I can go on to play a video game or relax for example. That takes a lot of self discipline but I think rewarding yourself with small things regularly can be a great way to push yourself to study. I will not do something I enjoy until I've at least tried to study, and usually I do just what I need to. Then I don't feel so bad when I do relax/play video games because I know I've done some work. If I study all day, then the next day will be a day of leisure or predominantly leisure. I think it's important to balance out study and leisure like this to avoid burning yourself out!

Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest