The Student Room Group

Stephanie’s journey through GCSE’s

07/04/2018
I’m aware I am starting this very late as my GCSE’s are in about five weeks but oh well.

Around the beginning of March, the week commencing mock exams I was rushed to hospital and had to have surgery, this then left me unable to do my mock exams, and feeling very far behind.
Before all of this happened I was on the ball with revision, everything was going just fine.

Now 3 weeks on from that I am back to my usual self and revising daily.

I am aiming for 7’s across all of my subjects, hoping for 8’s in the triple sciences though.

Today I am doing English literature revision ( the themes in a Christmas carol ) and then later on today I am going to do some biology (infection and response) revision.
I have dedicated one hour of my time to go onto Mathswithmelv on YouTube and try some grade 7/8/9 questions.

Scroll to see replies

ok
Reply 2
Original post by Stephaniedalton
07/04/2018
I’m aware I am starting this very late as my GCSE’s are in about five weeks but oh well.

Around the beginning of March, the week commencing mock exams I was rushed to hospital and had to have surgery, this then left me unable to do my mock exams, and feeling very far behind.
Before all of this happened I was on the ball with revision, everything was going just fine.

I am aiming for 7’s across all of my subjects, hoping for 8’s in the triple sciences though.

Today I am doing English literature revision ( the themes in a Christmas carol ) and then later on today I am going to do some biology (infection and response) revision.
I have dedicated one hour of my time to go onto Mathswithmelv on YouTube and try some grade 7/8/9 questions.

You’re not asking anything so this is indeed a pointless post. As if we need to know what your revision schedule is.
Original post by gerib17
You’re not asking anything so this is indeed a pointless post. As if we need to know what your revision schedule is.

I think this is the OP's grow your grade blog so it's not pointless:smile: Some students benefit from seeing what others do:h:
I would first of all like to start off by saying that tracking my progress allows me to look back at it on an off day and rethink why exactly I’m putting in so much work and effort. It is for a personal gain that’s all☺️
So today I got done what I wanted to get done, and managed to do some baking as well so that was good.
07/04/2018

The best of luck to you - I hope you've recovered well and that revision is going smoothly!

If you ever need any help - you can always PM me :smile:

I may have some revision resources I can always give you depending on what you did for GCSE - I did Geography, German, History and Business Studies (on the old syllabus), Triple Science (old syllabus) and the new GCSE's in English Literature, Language and Maths:smile:
How are you finding Christmas Carol sweets? I hate it :frown: I hope your revision is going well and trust me you'll do great!
Original post by gerib17

I'm sorry that you find this a pointless post, however it is a way for me to see what I have achieved. The point of this thread is not so that I can tell everyone my revision schedule, it is just something I enjoy doing and seeing what I have achieved day by day :smile: X
Reply 8
I'm sorry that you find this a pointless post, however it is a way for me to see what I have achieved. The point of this thread is not so that I can tell everyone my revision schedule, it is just something I enjoy doing and seeing what I have achieved day by day :smile: X

I’m just saying don’t take offense
Original post by saleeemmm
The best of luck to you - I hope you've recovered well and that revision is going smoothly!

If you ever need any help - you can always PM me :smile:

I may have some revision resources I can always give you depending on what you did for GCSE - I did Geography, German, History and Business Studies (on the old syllabus), Triple Science (old syllabus) and the new GCSE's in English Literature, Language and Maths:smile:

Thank you! I've recovered well, which is a good job because my dance practical exam is in a week!

I did Health and social care, Spanish, triple science and dance but thank you. How did you do in your GCSE's? :smile:
Original post by sharri.coco
How are you finding Christmas Carol sweets? I hate it :frown: I hope your revision is going well and trust me you'll do great!

A Christmas Carol in my opinion is definitely one of the complicated parts of literature, but i'm just going to ensure that I know the themes and key quotes for each character.

How are you finding the rest of Literature?
I'm sure you'll do amazing too! X
Thank you! I've recovered well, which is a good job because my dance practical exam is in a week!

I did Health and social care, Spanish, triple science and dance but thank you. How did you do in your GCSE's? :smile:

Hope the exam goes well!

I didn't do as well as I wanted in English Language and Business, but I was happy with all of my other results (got the grades I was predicted) and did better than I thought in German :smile:

I think I might have my old science notes which may be of use to you - I'm not too sure how much the specification has changed :smile:
A Christmas Carol in my opinion is definitely one of the complicated parts of literature, but i'm just going to ensure that I know the themes and key quotes for each character.

How are you finding the rest of Literature?
I'm sure you'll do amazing too! X

I hate it so much! I'm about to start a Christmas Carol GCSE thread right now so make sure you join in :smile:
Original post by sharri.coco
I hate it so much! I'm about to start a Christmas Carol GCSE thread right now so make sure you join in :smile:

Will do!
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5291422 It's here, I hope people actually comment lol
Original post by saleeemmm
Hope the exam goes well!

I didn't do as well as I wanted in English Language and Business, but I was happy with all of my other results (got the grades I was predicted) and did better than I thought in German :smile:

I think I might have my old science notes which may be of use to you - I'm not too sure how much the specification has changed :smile:

Thank you!!
And oh that’s good then. Do you do A Levels now?

And if you pm me we can compare notes if you like because I don’t think it has changed massively :smile:
08/04/2018
Morning guys. So today I’m looking at doing an entire day on the subject of waves (physics). Waves has been something that I haven’t ever understood and after today I am hoping to finally be able to understand it.📚
(edited 6 years ago)
Today has been an extremely productive day for me and I hope it has for everyone else!
Goodnight✨📚
Morning all. So today I thought I would do some homeostasis and response revision, go over some maths questions and do a Macbeth question. #motivationalmonday📚📚
Morning all. So today I thought I would do some homeostasis and response revision, go over some maths questions and do a Macbeth question. #motivationalmonday📚📚

Good luck with GCSEs, watching this thread:h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending