The Student Room Group

Jekyll and hyde help asap

I literally am so doomed for this I understand the story and everything and I know the themes but I know In the exam I’ll have no clue what to write i bet it won’t even been be On the themes it will be on something that I know I can’t write about. I can’t find any key quotes for characters and when I search it up there all so riciosusouly long someone help :frown:(((((((
Original post by Aleshadavis2611
I literally am so doomed for this I understand the story and everything and I know the themes but I know In the exam I’ll have no clue what to write i bet it won’t even been be On the themes it will be on something that I know I can’t write about. I can’t find any key quotes for characters and when I search it up there all so riciosusouly long someone help :frown:(((((((

if you know the story well enough you should be able to write about it. re read it and write key quotes.
Ah yeah the examples on the internet are pathetic and long; but we are just going to have to use them.
Try SparkNotes or Schmoop.
Original post by Hiraeth.
Ah yeah the examples on the internet are pathetic and long; but we are just going to have to use them.
Try SparkNotes or Schmoop.

Yeah I’ve tried doing essay plans and what I think might come up but Is it possible that a past questions or a question similar could come up??? So e.g in Macbeth something about lady Macbeth and in jekyll and Hyde something about Hyde being dangerous/disturbing what are you predictions of what will come up?
Yeah I’ve tried doing essay plans and what I think might come up but Is it possible that a past questions or a question similar could come up??? So e.g in Macbeth something about lady Macbeth and in jekyll and Hyde something about Hyde being dangerous/disturbing what are you predictions of what will come up?

I'n quite bad at lit I only get 7's and i'm not sure as I don't know what came up last year nor specimen papers
Original post by Hiraeth.
I'n quite bad at lit I only get 7's and i'm not sure as I don't know what came up last year nor specimen papers

Are you mad you think ur bad and getting 7’s????? I can barely even get a 4 on lit paper 1
Are you mad you think ur bad and getting 7’s????? I can barely even get a 4 on lit paper 1

ah well success is subjective.
I just hate the fact that whenever I try to be "perceptive" I always fail. I feel like English literature only rewards those who think in a certain way, but that's me being salty

Have you watched Mr Bruff's exemplar answer videos on Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde so you have an idea of how to structure your answers and what to analyse?
Original post by Daydreamer3
Have you watched Mr Bruff's exemplar answer videos on Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde so you have an idea of how to structure your answers and what to analyse?

Yeah I actually have! They just make me more insecure as the people who write them are so talented and I could never write as good😂 but I actually have looked at them and done a mindmap of the question and wrote some ideas that the past student has said as well as my own x I REALLY PRAY HYDE COMES UP IN MY EXAM! Do you have any predictions of what it will be? X
Original post by lydiarutharnold
if you know the story well enough you should be able to write about it. re read it and write key quotes.

Well Lydia i am dumb
Yeah I actually have! They just make me more insecure as the people who write them are so talented and I could never write as good😂 but I actually have looked at them and done a mindmap of the question and wrote some ideas that the past student has said as well as my own x I REALLY PRAY HYDE COMES UP IN MY EXAM! Do you have any predictions of what it will be? X

You shouldnt be looking at predictions as you should know the novel well enough to be able to explain any character that comes up. I recommend you watch Mr Salles's videos on Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde and maybe submit some of your work to see where you can improve.
Well Lydia i am dumb

Well you don't know it well enough, just maybe re-learn key themes and characters, that's what mainly comes up

I made a Jekyll and Hyde revision booklet, but it was handwritten and I burnt it after completion of my GCSEs during a ritual book burning, sorry
Original post by Aristaeus
I made a Jekyll and Hyde revision booklet, but it was handwritten and I burnt it after completion of my GCSEs during a ritual book burning, sorry

Do you remember what you put in it?😂😂
Original post by lydiarutharnold
Well you don't know it well enough, just maybe re-learn key themes and characters, that's what mainly comes up

Yeah like I’ve done mindmap and everything for characters themes etc but when it comes to essays my mind goes blank
Original post by Daydreamer3
You shouldnt be looking at predictions as you should know the novel well enough to be able to explain any character that comes up. I recommend you watch Mr Salles's videos on Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde and maybe submit some of your work to see where you can improve.

I think he only goes through grade 9 work im a grade 3/4 at best😂
Do you remember what you put in it?😂😂

No, I am sorry. But ask any questions and I will try to help
Original post by Aristaeus
No, I am sorry. But ask any questions and I will try to help

So do you think what I’m doing is a good idea, basically getting past questions of predicted questions etc a mind map on let’s say “Hyde as disturbing” and I put my points around the page I can literally revise themes and everything but when it comes to essays I have no idea what to write!!!!!
So do you think what I’m doing is a good idea, basically getting past questions of predicted questions etc a mind map on let’s say “Hyde as disturbing” and I put my points around the page I can literally revise themes and everything but when it comes to essays I have no idea what to write!!!!!

I remember what I did was literally go through each chapter, pull together all my notes we'd done in class and write out all the weird words that I needed definitions of. I then wrote essays using all those notes (this was all like five days before the actual exam), so about 3. But yeah I would select a main theme and write points around them, that's literally what I'm doing for A Level history. I got an A* in English literature somehow haha. Good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest