The Student Room Group

Student loan for international student

Is there any opportunity to get a student loan as international student studying international management and international relations at oxford brooks or public policy at Sussex?
Ps not US, not EU
Not a UK student loan, no - you would have had to be living in the UK for three years before the starting date of your course.

Does the government of your own country have any funds/loans available for students studying abroad?
Reply 2
Original post by LeapingLucy
Not a UK student loan, no - you would have had to be living in the UK for three years before the starting date of your course.

Does the government of your own country have any funds/loans available for students studying abroad?

No they do not
I wonder if there are any private organizations who could do this
Reply 3
Original post by Egyabdo
No they do not
I wonder if there are any private organizations who could do this

It really depends where you are from.
There are numerous country specific funds for students from America, some commonwealth countries etc. but you'll have to look for them.
It would be worth asking the universities if they have any scholarships or such you could apply for.
Reply 4
Hi all! How could an international student take a loan from UK for undergraduate studies?
Original post by physion
Hi all! How could an international student take a loan from UK for undergraduate studies?

You can't. You have to have lived in the U.K. for three years before your course starts to be eligible for a U.K. student loan.
Reply 6
You can't. You have to have lived in the U.K. for three years before your course starts to be eligible for a U.K. student loan.

What if I've lived in the UK for 4 years? But don't have indefinite leave to remain?
Original post by wolto
What if I've lived in the UK for 4 years? But don't have indefinite leave to remain?

https://www.gov.uk/student-finance/who-qualifies

I think you have to have settled status, so you wouldn't qualify.

If you post in the student finance England forum on student room, actual representatives of the company will be able to confirm whether you're eligible.
Reply 8
https://www.gov.uk/student-finance/who-qualifies

I think you have to have settled status, so you wouldn't qualify.

If you post in the student finance England forum on student room, actual representatives of the company will be able to confirm whether you're eligible.

Thanks seen this, and looks like I'm not and there's no other way I could get funding?
Original post by wolto
Thanks seen this, and looks like I'm not and there's no other way I could get funding?

Not from the UK government.

Are you likely to get settled status any time soon?

If not, does the government of your own country have loans available for students studying abroad?

Also, are you from the EU?
Reply 10
Not from the UK government.

Are you likely to get settled status any time soon?

If not, does the government of your own country have loans available for students studying abroad?

Also, are you from the EU?

I checked on the commonwealth pages for scholarships but they seem to be focused on specific courses and degrees like PhD.

I would be getting it soon yeah and I have a British family member so maybe that could make me eligible under EU/UK family member.

Is there any trusted private institution that offers loan for students? I know of one but they require me to pay immediately after taking the loan
Which one requires you to pay immediately after taking the loan?
Original post by wolto
I checked on the commonwealth pages for scholarships but they seem to be focused on specific courses and degrees like PhD.

I would be getting it soon yeah and I have a British family member so maybe that could make me eligible under EU/UK family member.

Is there any trusted private institution that offers loan for students? I know of one but they require me to pay immediately after taking the loan

Hi did you end up finding a loan? I’m in the same boat at the moment
Hi there,

I am Refugees family with leave to remain visa but I have made mistake when I was filling my application form, right now I have gotten a conditional offer for master but I have a problem with my tutation fee ,can I use any found or student loan?

Could you give me some advice about this please?

I am stressed due to it because I have worked very hard to get it.

Many thanks,

Quick Reply

Latest