The Student Room Group

2018 english literature predictions

Hi I'm taking my gcse in Romeo and Juliet, An Inspector Calls and Pride and prejudice, and I am a private candidate. II was wondering if any of you, or your teachers made any predictions regarding the questions they may be asking this year?
Reply 1
Inspector calls might be Gerald or Eric
Original post by annajpg
Hi I'm taking my gcse in Romeo and Juliet, An Inspector Calls and Pride and prejudice, and I am a private candidate. II was wondering if any of you, or your teachers made any predictions regarding the questions they may be asking this year?

for aqa poetry power and conflict, no ozymandias or bayonet charge, inspector calls probably eric.
The theme question for AIC I reckon might be gender or class.

For Power and Conflict, my teachers are predicting London, Prelude or the Emigree I think.
Original post by Mehru1214
for aqa poetry power and conflict, no ozymandias or bayonet charge, inspector calls probably eric.

Power and conflict poetry would probably be Storm on the island or expouser according to my teachers
Original post by louishill1

For Power and Conflict, my teachers are predicting London, Prelude or the Emigree I think.

I'm not too sure if Prelude will come up as it's so long, more likely to be something shorter but idk
So my predictions are as follows
Macbeth - not supernatural or lady macbeth
I think personally it will be Macbeth or Banquo
Or for a theme fear or appearance vs reality
A Christmas carol - not family or Scrooge
Could be the appearance of the ghosts or for character Fred
An inspector calls
Not Shelia, not Mrs b or not mr b (very unlikely)
Possibly be Eric or Gerald, maybe if there being mean Edna.
Power and conflict poetry
Not ozy, bayonet charge
Could possibly be - the emgiree, prelude(that poem makes me wanna die) and storm on the island
Remember though the harder the exam the lower the grade boundaries will be! Good luck !I’m aimming for a 4/5/6 as I failed language last year with edquas!
Original post by blue338
Inspector calls might be Gerald or Eric

Why them? Who told you that
For AIC my teacher thinks one of the questions will be on Eric and another on social class.
could anyone give prediction for much ado about nothing and pride and prejudice and blood brother (these are the books im taking)
Original post by annajpg

my guess is:
romeo and Juliet- fate
pride and prejudice- Mr Darcy
love and relationship poetry- porphyria lover - unconventional love
idk though
Original post by louishill1

won't be the prelude - will cost aqa double as much to print out everything
Original post by maisie mae
my guess is:
romeo and Juliet- fate
pride and prejudice- Mr Darcy
love and relationship poetry- porphyria lover - unconventional love
idk though

I do romeo and juliet & pride and prejudice and i legit predict the same things, except maybe p&p will be on mr collins!
Reply 13
For
Check out these PowerPoint which includes key themes, quotations and analysis. This is perfect for quick revision before exams.

Jekyll and Hyde: https://www.tes.com/teaching-resource/jekyll-and-hyde-themes-and-analysis-11905867

Romeo and Juliet: https://www.tes.com/teaching-resource/romeo-and-juliet-themes-and-analysis-11904381

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending