The Student Room Group

Abortion should be banned. Poll!

Poll

Should abortion be banned?

I know a lot of people will disagree with me on this site, but it's an issue very important to me. I feel that abortion is unjust except in cases of rape or medical health. Wondering how others feel about this, so I made a poll. Please keep this as a sensible and polite debate!

Scroll to see replies

I agree that abortion should only be in exceptional circumstances. But how can it be banned if some really need it e.g. if they were raped. Bringing a child to the world might cause more suffering and abortion may be the lesser of more evils in this case. So I don't think it should be banned, but should only be used as a last resort.
Abortions will always happen, making them illegal will just make them unsafe. Tbh having a kid and giving it up to the foster care system isn’t giving it a chance, the likelihood of adoption is small- as someone in the system, it isn’t a nice life at all, trust me. For that reason I’ll always be pro-choice. But each to their own.
We are over populated and not having abortions will only add to the problem. Sounds harsh but growing up in an orphanage isn’t really a good life.
Reply 4
I think that it should be banned but allowed in certain situations. The life or death of another human shouldn't be decided on the mother's convenience.
Womens' right to have control of her own body take priority over a bundle of cells.

If you value basic individual freedoms then you are pro-choice.
Reply 6
Original post by Yakib
I think that it should be banned but allowed in certain situations. The life or death of another human shouldn't be decided on the mother's convenience.

Begging the question.

Original post by trippieblue
Womens' right to have control of her own body take priority over a bundle of cells.

Also begging the question.

Hard, isn't it?
Original post by Profesh

Also begging the question.

Hard, isn't it?

Being blunt doesn't give you a point. Either elaborate or piss off.
Reply 8

That 'bundle of cells' is a baby. Look at abortions on google images - they are babies!!! Some women have said they saw it moving after and then felt so guilty
Reply 9

Polite debating please!
Reply 10
So you would have rather not been born? At least you have a chance at life, those aborted babies sure don't...

Original post by Anonymous
Abortions will always happen, making them illegal will just make them unsafe. Tbh having a kid and giving it up to the foster care system isn’t giving it a chance, the likelihood of adoption is small- as someone in the system, it isn’t a nice life at all, trust me. For that reason I’ll always be pro-choice. But each to their own.
Reply 11

A bundle of cells that will eventually become human life.

I'm glad we concur.
Reply 13
Does that really need a definition? A baby is a young child. In other words, a human life
Original post by Profesh
I'm glad we concur.

And im glad you've admitted that your reply was nothing more than edgy rep whoring.
Original post by Hymenaios
That 'bundle of cells' is a baby. Look at abortions on google images - they are babies!!! Some women have said they saw it moving after and then felt so guilty

Nope they're bundle of cells. They can't survive outside of their mother's womb, they're just cells that are growing.
Original post by Hymenaios
Does that really need a definition? A baby is a young child. In other words, a human life

It does need a definition.

Is it a baby at the moment of conception? If not, when does it start being one?
I think it’s easy to say they should be banned when you’ve never been in a position where yourself (or somebody you’ve slept with) has become pregnant accidentally. Nobody thinks it will happen to them but it does. Nobody chooses an abortion as an “easy option” or alternative to contraception - it’s usually a horrible decision made in desperate circumstances where that person is not in a position to care for a child (be that due to maturity, financially or psychologically).
(edited 6 years ago)

About as vile as every other 'pro-choice' person I've ever met
Reply 19
So what? A life is a life, no matter what form. You could argue that paralysed people are just a bundle of cells or 'vegetables'. Would you turn off their life support or euthanise them then? What about disabled PEOPLE?

Nope they're bundle of cells. They can't survive outside of their mother's womb, they're just cells that are growing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending