The Student Room Group

URGENT: Edexcel Maths A-Level (New Spec)

Hi, the new edexcel maths A-Level has three papers:

pure 1
pure 2
stats+mechanics

pure 1 and pure 2 is equivalentto the old C1-C4 with some differences

Is stats+mechanics S1 and M1?

Or is it S1, S2, M1, M2?

Thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by chanda01
Hi, the new edexcel maths A-Level has three papers:

pure 1
pure 2
stats+mechanics

pure 1 and pure 2 is equivalentto the old C1-C4 with some differences

Is stats+mechanics S1 and M1?

Or is it S1, S2, M1, M2?

Thanks!

It's S1/2, M1/2 so past papers may not be that useful. "Exam questions by topic" from topics specific to the new A Level will be more useful but watch out for stats since methods have changed quite a lot e.g. use of a calculator.
Reply 2
Original post by Notnek
It's S1/2, M1/2 so past papers may not be that useful. "Exam questions by topic" from topics specific to the new A Level will be more useful but watch out for stats since methods have changed quite a lot e.g. use of a calculator.

Are you sure is s1 and s2 and m1 and m2?

Because I've looked at the sample paper and it seems like S1 to me (I haven't done mechanics) but i'm assuming it's m1 too

All four seems to be pushing it tbh
Reply 3
Are you sure is s1 and s2 and m1 and m2?

Because I've looked at the sample paper and it seems like S1 to me (I haven't done mechanics) but i'm assuming it's m1 too

All four seems to be pushing it tbh

Yes I am sure. I'm not saying that there's an equal amount of content from M1/S1/M2/S2 - it is mostly S1/M1 with some topics from S2 and M2.
Reply 4
Original post by Notnek
Yes I am sure. I'm not saying that there's an equal amount of content from M1/S1/M2/S2 - it is mostly S1/M1 with some topics from S2 and M2.

Ah ok, thank you! Is it possible you could link me to the exam questions by topic you were referring to?

Thanks!
Reply 5
Ah ok, thank you! Is it possible you could link me to the exam questions by topic you were referring to?

Thanks!

E.g. S1:

http://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/a-level-maths-papers/s1-by-topic/
What about for further maths A level.

Would it be FP1 and FP2?

What about for mechanics and statistics and additional pure options (I know that you have to choose 2 only)?
Would they be S3, M3, what about S4, M4?

Would additional pure by FP3?

Thanks for any help, if possible, could you differentiate between what is AS and A2 for further maths - such as C1 and C2 being AS normal maths, whilst C3 and C4 are A2.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending