The Student Room Group

Deloitte Brightstart Apprenticeship 2018 MegaThread

Scroll to see replies

Tips for job simulation?
Original post by Stratos7
Hi everyone, like Tasha I applied to Deloitte last year but I currently working for them in Audit in Deloitte Private (Limited liability and private equity businesses). If you have any q's about the interview process (it has changed since I did it but I will help where I can), I will do my best to get back to you! :smile: Good luck!

What office are you in? I’m also a brightstart in audit :smile:
Original post by JoshNilsson
What office are you in? I’m also a brightstart in audit :smile:

Oh cool :smile: I’m in the London office wbu?
Reply 43
I did mine almost 2 months ago now and I haven’t heard much either other that it is under consideration still/being processed.
Reply 44
don't worry I applied as early as possible still haven't heard back assesment centres are in April
If it’s any help, the busy season for audit is just coming to an end. Might explain the delay as an actual person reviews your job simulation.
Reply 46
Anyone have any tips of things to do to prepare for interview?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by AMA735
Anyone have any tips of things to do to prepare for interview?

1. If it is a presentation try and know it off by heart and have an understanding of it so it is less stop start so make sure to practice! But when you say it don’t say it in a monotone voice be passionate.

2. Try and think of situations of when you have say worked in a team or been a team leader or, when you have had to deal with conflict etc. And make sure to not lie because they will probably probe deeper into your response.

3. Think of some questions to ask but try and think of some maybe out of the box ones that aren’t for example, ‘why (department)’. Think of questions you want the answers to rather than questions you think you should ask.

4. Oh and most importantly.. Smile :smile:

Good luck with the interview!!
I have my AC for tax London coming up on Monday found out on Good Friday that I had been successful and reached the final stage.

Anyone else going and what do you think to expect.

Any ideas on questions that could be asked at the interview.
Anyone else find those video questions on the job simulation proper weird or is it just me 😅?
Original post by timej
just received an invite to assessment centre next monday at manchester office 🙌🏼

How long did ur reply take from completing your job simulation ?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 52
Anyone applied to Business and Financial Advisory in the Aberdeen office? Submitted job simulation on 23rd March still waiting to hear back
Reply 53
Original post by jurmansd549
Hi,I had my AC yesterday and presentation and interview.
In the london office for Tax Brightstart.
Any questions DM me.
Also does anyone know when you are meant to hear back

how did it go how did you answer the question for the presentation but stuck I've got an AC on Monday applying for. advisory risk in Liverpool thanks
Reply 54
Original post by poiuytrewqw
Which department have you applied to work in? I've applied for Audit in Birmingham and am still waiting!

no way mate applied for risk advisory and have the same AC I'll see you there mate good luck how's the presentation going mate
Reply 55
Original post by timej
just received an invite to assessment centre next monday at manchester office 🙌🏼

no way mate AC is on the same day in Manchester at 11:45 how's the planning for the presentation going mate I'll see you there pal
Original post by joepaz
no way mate AC is on the same day in Manchester at 11:45 how's the planning for the presentation going mate I'll see you there pal

ayy what department have you applied for?
for the presentation, honestly still trying to fully understand the question 😂😂😂
Reply 57
risk department have no clue about the question is yours about cross border audit
Yep, think I'll have to get most of it done this weekend
Reply 59
Original post by timej
Yep, think I'll have to get most of it done this weekend

how are you choosing to present yours like use A4 paper

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending