The Student Room Group

Geography- Landforms

I'm currently doing AS geography OCR
I'm finding it quite hard to memorise specific features of land forms
(erosional +depositional) in Coastal Landscapes module.
Anyone have any tips or strategies on how I can memorise this without getting the land forms mixed up.
Reply 1
Use this as a tool: https://geographyas.info/#coasts

I can give you better advice if need be.

A* AS level
Reply 2
Original post by Plxton
Use this as a tool: https://geographyas.info/#coasts

I can give you better advice if need be.

A* AS level

Thanks so much
I just get confused when you have to do those long answered questions and explain formation of a specific landform
Reply 3
Original post by HKP24
Thanks so much
I just get confused when you have to do those long answered questions and explain formation of a specific landform

If I remember right, sand dune formation was a nightmare for a number of people. The trick to the formation and erosion questions is to create a number system with the data so that you can recite it and tick things off in your head: for example, a wave cut platform extends upwards of 600m into land raising with a gradient of less than 6 degrees... or... spits form through 1. longshore drift into 2. the spit overtime 3. a hook develops and 4. salt marshes form in the sheltered area through deposition... or... with sand dunes create a system where you work bak- so embryo pH 8 into Foredunes pH 7.5 into Grey dunes pH 6.5-7 into wasting (blowouts) pH 6
Create a way to remember the figures and you should be able to make a checklist in your head as you 'spit' (bad pun) them out.

Also I regret answering this now, everything is coming back to me, I always hated Geography but I was naturally talented at it
Reply 4
Original post by Plxton
If I remember right, sand dune formation was a nightmare for a number of people. The trick to the formation and erosion questions is to create a number system with the data so that you can recite it and tick things off in your head: for example, a wave cut platform extends upwards of 600m into land raising with a gradient of less than 6 degrees... or... spits form through 1. longshore drift into 2. the spit overtime 3. a hook develops and 4. salt marshes form in the sheltered area through deposition... or... with sand dunes create a system where you work bak- so embryo pH 8 into Foredunes pH 7.5 into Grey dunes pH 6.5-7 into wasting (blowouts) pH 6
Create a way to remember the figures and you should be able to make a checklist in your head as you 'spit' (bad pun) them out.

Also I regret answering this now, everything is coming back to me, I always hated Geography but I was naturally talented at it

Thanks for the advice, that technique is a good way of remembering them
You seem to be really good at Geography :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest