The Student Room Group

If You had these A-Levels. What degree would you do and why?

Mathematics
Computer Science
Geography

just wanna see some opinions thx

Scroll to see replies

You can do lots of things with that subject selection! Keep in mind your favourite subject and start looking for related degrees, see what catches your interest.
Original post by StevetheIcecube
You can do lots of things with that subject selection! Keep in mind your favourite subject and start looking for related degrees, see what catches your interest.

That's good and all but I'm asking what your would do if you had those subjects
Straight maths or computer science
I have something similar where I did Maths, Computer Science, and Physics. I'm starting BSc Computer Science this year, it's my favourite subject out of the three. Doing Computer Science at uni is basically going to be doing those three subjects anyway cause you do discrete mathematics, electronics so its the best of all of my fav subjects.
Original post by NotSoVisualBasic
I have something similar where I did Maths, Computer Science, and Physics. I'm starting BSc Computer Science this year, it's my favourite subject out of the three. Doing Computer Science at uni is basically going to be doing those three subjects anyway cause you do discrete mathematics, electronics so its the best of all of my fav subjects.

I wish i did physics. Its soo annoying I don't have it. Missed out by 2 marks
least u got maths mate a wanted to do computers but now a cant and a might go study chines instead but u can go and be a statistics maths person and become an actuary and make a fortune
Original post by kernweisse
least u got maths mate a wanted to do computers but now a cant and a might go study chines instead but u can go and be a statistics maths person and become an actuary and make a fortune

F**k stats
Original post by Rolls_Reus_0wner
I wish i did physics. Its soo annoying I don't have it. Missed out by 2 marks

That's unlucky, I'd recommend Computer Science since its a good STEM subject with decent job prospects, but ultimately it's up to you, if you like Maths more then choose Maths.
Mathematics
Computer Science
Geography

just wanna see some opinions thx

Probably something to do with Engineering. Opportunities to;
Travel the world
Work on huge, complex and game-changing projects
Potentially huge salaries
F**k stats

maths is for boring virgins at leat stastitcs has context to it
Original post by NotSoVisualBasic
That's unlucky, I'd recommend Computer Science since its a good STEM subject with decent job prospects, but ultimately it's up to you, if you like Maths more then choose Maths.

I would probably go into engineering or econ. Im not sure abt comp sci

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5007920

^^ Unis that don't require Maths to do a degree in Computer Science.

RG Uni:
[*]Cardiff University
[*]Kings College London
[*]Extremely good uni not in RG:
[*]University of Nottingham
maths is for boring virgins at leat stastitcs has context to it

Mechanics > Stats
Mechanics > Stats

mechanics good a loved it in physics
mechanics good a loved it in physics

Its better than stats but problem is i dont do physics
My ideal A levels would be: Maths (Or FM if i could), comp sci , physics and econ
i like geography so i'd have probably went for a degree with that if i did those subjects
Original post by entertainmyfaith
i like geography so i'd have probably went for a degree with that if i did those subjects

I like it cause it has some physics elements and its a science apparently
Probably just maths

Quick Reply

Latest