HORRIBLE PAPER :@8%
Total votes: 159
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
This is probably my favourite Maths exam this year... :tongue:
Original post by nyxnko_
This is probably my favourite Maths exam this year... :tongue:

This is definitely mine :yep: (You do realise you can just click watch thread rather than generating me a load of notifications :tongue:)
Reply 3
Original post by Lemur14
This is definitely mine :yep: (You do realise you can just click watch thread rather than generating me a load of notifications :tongue:)

I do!! :yep: I just decided to be annoying :eviltongue: and reply to all of them to annoy you!!
Original post by nyxnko_
I do!! :yep: I just decided to be annoying :eviltongue: and reply to all of them to annoy you!!

:goaway: Seriously though, it's gonna drive me mental!
Reply 5
Original post by Lemur14
:goaway: Seriously though, it's gonna drive me mental!

sorry :colondollar: I'm done now though :tongue:
Original post by nyxnko_
sorry :colondollar: I'm done now though :tongue:

Good :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Where is the best place that I can access resources for AS pure, mech and stat?
I am really worried!
Reply 8
Original post by Amrak
Where is the best place that I can access resources for AS pure, mech and stat?
I am really worried!

i don't actually know anywhere except for practice with specimen papers and looking at hard old spec questions. I would say Physics and Maths Tutor but they don't have much on new spec maths (if any)
maybe ask your teachers?
Reply 9
I will thank you.
Do you have any idea about the range of grade boundaries? Just a rough idea will do
thanks

Original post by nyxnko_
i don't actually know anywhere except for practice with specimen papers and looking at hard old spec questions. I would say Physics and Maths Tutor but they don't have much on new spec maths (if any)
maybe ask your teachers?
Original post by Amrak
I will thank you.
Do you have any idea about the range of grade boundaries? Just a rough idea will do
thanks

I wouldn't know either but I reckon 80% will be an A grade and every 10% after that will be the next grade down although I do believe that if it's very difficult, the boundaries will be lower
does anyone have access to the new specimen papers released
Original post by TarekHelmy
does anyone have access to the new specimen papers released

I know which ones you're talking about but they're still locked on the Edexcel page. Maybe ask your teachers? They probably have access to them.
How is everyone revising?
Original post by Greenapplepear
How is everyone revising?

If I'm honest this is my easiest exam so is the least of my concerns really. I'm keeping up with the various papers we're constantly being set, but apart from that not too much more. Trying to do a wider variety of questions though because things like proofs it isn't really clear how far they could go with it, so it could be simple or really quite difficult.
Original post by Lemur14
If I'm honest this is my easiest exam so is the least of my concerns really. I'm keeping up with the various papers we're constantly being set, but apart from that not too much more. Trying to do a wider variety of questions though because things like proofs it isn't really clear how far they could go with it, so it could be simple or really quite difficult.

Ok cheers mate. Which papers are you doing for practice? Are you doing the international C12 papers?
Reply 16
Can you please tell me exactly how familiar do you have to be with the large data set?
Original post by Greenapplepear
Ok cheers mate. Which papers are you doing for practice? Are you doing the international C12 papers?

atm I'm just doing what my teacher is setting us (that's roughly a paper a week). We've worked through most the Edexcel materials, some of the AQA ones (even though the format is a bit different) and now we're doing some OCR A papers. They've also made up some papers. I hadn't actually thought of doing the C12 papers, that's a good shout, thanks!

Original post by Amrak
Can you please tell me exactly how familiar do you have to be with the large data set?

I've no clue really...my teacher skipped it :facepalm: but our mechanics teacher told us to definitely make sure we learnt the place names, obviously the dates and the different column headings and their units.
Original post by Rolls_Reus_0wner
HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD UP....

is this exam for people taking only AS maths and not the whole A-level?? NEW spec cause I thought the exams were in JUNE

This is the AS maths new spec exam thread yep :smile:
New spec full A level has it's own exam threads (pure 1, pure 2 and applied) :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending