The Student Room Group

I want grade 9s but i don't know how

okay so I want a grade 9 but the highest I'm predicted is a 6 and I don't know how to go about improving them most of my grades are a 4 or 5 .
can anyone help?

Scroll to see replies

I can perhaps help you with English language are you doing aqa ?
Original post by fentydrug

I am !!!!! pm me with advice pleaseeeee
Original post by Helllpp-plezzz

Original post by Helllpp-plezzz

How do I do that I’m new on here
This might sound harsh but it’s unrealistic to expect all or most of your grades to improve to a 9 if your GCSEs are next month. But definitely focus on a few subjects especially, with hard work I’m sure you’ll see results. I can help with French, German, or music if you’re doing any of them, send me specific questions
Original post by bluemuffin
This might sound harsh but it’s unrealistic to expect all or most of your grades to improve to a 9 if your GCSEs are next month. But definitely focus on a few subjects especially, with hard work I’m sure you’ll see results. I can help with French, German, or music if you’re doing any of them, send me specific questions

cant you help me w french pls i literally dont know anythingg
Original post by sxhxl
cant you help me w french pls i literally dont know anythingg

Sure, AMA
Also have you had your oral exam yet? And what spec are you doing
Sure, AMA
Also have you had your oral exam yet? And what spec are you doing

No my speaking is in 27 days and ive memorised none of it :// (I have like 100 questions to memorise) And I'm doing the AQA 9-1 spec
Original post by sxhxl
No my speaking is in 27 days and ive memorised none of it :// (I have like 100 questions to memorise) And I'm doing the AQA 9-1 spec

Honestly I wouldn’t recommend learning answers off by heart. You’ll be screwed if you have a mind blank, and the questions they ask in the exam tend to be slightly different to ones you learnt
E.g. In my French oral I got asked “what did you do yesterday for the environment” combines two questions/topics so there’s no way I would have prepared for that
Instead learn a few set phrases and key terms for each topic that you’ve learnt about
Revise verb forms and conjunctions etc. so that if you get asked a question you hadn’t thought about you can answer spontaneously
Good luck though
Also I’m doing Cambridge igcse so idk if our topics are similar to yours
(edited 5 years ago)
Honestly I wouldn’t recommend learning answers off by heart. You’ll be screwed if you have a mind blank, and the questions they ask in the exam tend to be slightly different to ones you got learnt
E.g. In my French oral I got asked “what did you do yesterday for the environment” combines two questions/topics so there’s no way I would have prepared for that
Instead learn a few set phrases and key terms for each topic that you’ve learnt about
Revise verb forms and conjunctions etc. so that if you get asked a question you hadn’t thought about you can answer spontaneously
Good luck though
Also I’m doing Cambridge igcse so idk if our topics are similar to yours

yes but my speaking is the only thing thats going to help me as i'm horrendous at everything else, therefore I kinda HAVE to memorise it all, p.s. I got that question too and literally all i could think of was 'hier j'ai recyclé avec ma soeur parce que c'est bon pour l'environnement', ffsss
Original post by sxhxl
yes but my speaking is the only thing thats going to help me as i'm horrendous at everything else, therefore I kinda HAVE to memorise it all, p.s. I got that question too and literally all i could think of was 'hier j'ai recyclé avec ma soeur parce que c'est bon pour l'environnement', ffsss

Idk if you have to give a presentation in your oral (with your spec), if you do just make sure that’s really good and as long as possible, coz that means less questions asked about it
Idk if you have to give a presentation in your oral (with your spec), if you do just make sure that’s really good and as long as possible, coz that means less questions asked about it

nope we dont

What did you do to get a good grade in French and music? Thank you!
Original post by Doughnuts2002
What did you do to get a good grade in French and music? Thank you!

I haven’t done them yet, but am predicted A*/9 in both
I am fluent in German so I think that helps me with languages
AMA though
omg you're sooooooo lucky my french oral is in 11 days and im in a similar situation im getting 4 /5s and dont know how to improve . i do french, history, ict and economics for my options if anyone is any good at them i could really do with some help . THANK YOU!!!!!
Original post by hater4life1
okay so I want a grade 9 but the highest I'm predicted is a 6 and I don't know how to go about improving them most of my grades are a 4 or 5 .
can anyone help?

I did the Grade 9-1s last year when they first rolled them out for English Lang., English Lit. and Maths. Predicted Grade 7s for both Englishs, getting grade 6s in exams leading up to the GCSE. Proceeded to get 9s in both - teachers hype it up so much it really isn't that hard tbh.

Also got 8 in Maths despite being **** at it. Just relax and you'll do fine, its not rocket science
The only thing I can offer you is reassurance that the grade boundaries were lower than most expected last year.
Reply 17
Anyone do AQA triple sci?
Original post by fentydrug

yes i am
Original post by app_
Anyone do AQA triple sci?

Yeah

Quick Reply

Latest