The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

All I can say is continue with your studies even but not too much as you might get fatigue. Also, pray
Original post by UnknownHijabi
I'm 18 years old and just found out I'm pregnant and really don't know what to do. Pls don't judge me I really need good advice.

I regret what I've done but I know that won't make a difference now.

You have 3 options:

- Abortion
- Adoption
- Keeping the baby
Original post by DrawTheLine
You have 3 options:

- Abortion
- Adoption
- Keeping the baby

My religion doesn't allow premarital sex so I can't keep the baby, however it's also against aborting the baby.

I wouldn't be able to tell my parents or explain what's happened as they would be so mad
I think you just need to figure how your parents with deal with it and go with it from there. As i know your parents will problem go crazy but like as you really ready to just get an abortion.
Original post by Thomazo
Stop believing in nonsense

????
My religion doesn't allow premarital sex so I can't keep the baby, however it's also against aborting the baby.

I wouldn't be able to tell my parents or explain what's happened as they would be so mad

If you go on with the pregnancy your parents are going to find out. You won't be able to hide it. It looks like your only option is adoption in that case.
I'm 18 years old and just found out I'm pregnant and really don't know what to do. Pls don't judge me I really need good advice.

No matter how scared you are in this moment, you'll get through it. It's going to be hard but you will. Keep yourself in a healthy mindset so you don't make any decisions you'll regret. Depending on who got you pregnant, if he's not in a position to help you take care of a baby or whatever, let him now you're pregnant and whatever he does next is up to him. Tell someone you're close too, a friend, a family member, it'll be so hard and you might not want to but eventually, you'll have to so you might as well do it now so that you come to terms with it a lot faster. It is not our right to judge you, that right is reserved for allah only, I pray that you get through this. Be strong, do the right thing and tell people and make sure that when you look back in a few years, you wouldn't have done anything differently. Inshallah, you will be ok x
Find the man (good if you already know who he is) and force him to marry you.
Reply 9

You can't keep it because your parents will find out and go mad. You can give birth and giving it up for adoption but that would mean not seeing your parents for the next 9 months and if you are able to do that with help of friends, only then think of keeping the baby but knowing how muslims families are this is a big risk.

Then your best option is to abort it. Earlier is best. Leaving it for later only hurts you. Then make sure whatever you do, you never get into this situation again.

AFAIK, islam does permit abortion but it must be done within the first 100 days.
(edited 6 years ago)
I'm 18 years old and found out I'm pregnant and really don't know what to do. Pls don't judge me I really need good advice.

I'm a Muslim as well and honestly i would think about the options you have but know that you can't hide this from your parents forever. Just know you still have time before you should think about telling your parents so maybe that could help you feel more relaxed but at least think about what you want like adoption or if you want to keep this baby.
Reply 11
I know you're going to get slated in this thread but you should do what's best for you. It is a likely choice between your faith or your parents finding out. Not an easy decision but your needs should come first here.

If you don't want the baby your only options are adoption or abortion.
Original post by flowerglobe
I'm a Muslim as well and honestly i would think about the options you have but know that you can't hide this from your parents forever. Just know you still have time before you should think about telling your parents so maybe that could help you feel more relaxed but at least think about what you want like adoption or if you want to keep this baby.

I'm not from a strict family however, if they found this out they would go so mad, so it isn't even a option to tell them. My only option is to abort but I don't have it in me to do such a big thing, the guilt is way too much
Sister to be real with you, I find it odd that you care about committing sin of abortion cause I would argue abortion is much less of a sin than pre-martial sex since at least with abortion, you're doing it for the greater good = the baby doesn't come into a life of torture, instability or pain. I'm not attacking you on the pre-martial because I'm not one to talk myself, I'm saying that if you're comfortable with having sex before marriage, you should be comfortable with having an abortion.

Islam does allow abortions, generally all Muslims agree that it's allowed if the fetus is under 40 days old, depending on what Muslim school of thought you follow you have up to 4 months to abort the fetus before 'a spirit is given to the baby'.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Darroch987
Hello Muslim girl I’m a boy from the north and I just wanted to give you some advice on your situation, the best thing for you to do is to tell you’re parents that you were raped so they can’t really blame you, lots of love your Muslim Friend Darroch x

Wtf...
Original post by UWS
I know you're going to get slated in this thread but you should do what's best for you. It is a likely choice between your faith or your parents finding out. Not an easy decision but your needs should come first here.

If you don't want the baby your only options are adoption or abortion.

That's why I considered posting this anonymously but I didn't think people would believe my situation.
Even if I was to my mum it's possible for her to come around. But the dad isn't Pakistani (Which is a big thing in my culture) and he's quite a bit older than me, which makes my situation a lot worse.
Original post by Sufyaan65
Sister to be real with you, I find it odd that you care about committing sin of abortion cause I would argue abortion is much less of a sin than pre-martial sex since at least with abortion, you're doing it for the greater good = the baby doesn't come into a life of torture, instability or pain. I'm not attacking you on the pre-martial because I'm not one to talk myself, I'm that if you can make the sin of committing pre-martial marriage, you should be willing to do the abortion.

Islam does allow abortions, generally all Muslims agree that it's allowed if the fetus is under 40 days old, depending on what Muslim school of thought you follow you have up to 4 months to abort the fetus before 'a spirit is given to the baby'.

People make mistakes. I'm sure you have commited things that are a sin and that you regret as well.
I'm not from a strict family however, if they found this out they would go so mad, so it isn't even a option to tell them. My only option is to abort but I don't have it in me to do such a big thing, the guilt is way too much

Yh i get that but you need to understand that if you don't abort the baby your parents will end up finding out unless you stay away from them for 9 months. Of course your parents will be mad but they will support you if they love you. Have you thought about what you want to do with the baby?
Arent you the same girl who posted about having a weird stalker boyfriend who is older than you pressuring you to have sex??

You aren't making good choices it would seem.
My advice would be to have an abortion. You are far too young to have a baby. It seems like you've got a hell of a lot of wising up to do.
As you are over 18 you don't need to tell your parents you had an abortion. If you do not wish to keep the baby, go to your local sexual health clinic/GP/drop in centre and ask for advice on this. If you're worried about bumping into anyone you know, use google maps to find one out of the way. Most of all keep studying hard and remember you got this! Your bod, your decisions!

Latest

Trending

Trending