The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Too much
Not that this has anything to do with student finance but you do know it's paid in installments and not in one lump right?
Reply 3
Yes thanks for the reply i was wondering how much it would cost a month ano it doesnt matter the cost im just wondering what it would cost
Reply 4
And if it would be possible to go on a family member insurance if thats reauired to do so
Reply 5
Original post by Carnan216
Yes thanks for the reply i was wondering how much it would cost a month ano it doesnt matter the cost im just wondering what it would cost

Are you Richie Rich?
Reply 6
Original post by John55
Are you Richie Rich?

No i am wondering what it would cost
Reply 7
I think you should wake up, because it sounds like you are dreaming
Reply 8
Original post by Ekno
I think you should wake up, because it sounds like you are dreaming

Awryt u ekno
Reply 9
No i am wondering what it would cost

Your soul.
If you can afford a BMW i8, I'm sure you can afford the insurance...
They wont insure u i doubt it
Reply 12
Original post by Lord Samosa
If you can afford a BMW i8, I'm sure you can afford the insurance...

Thank you
Probably like £15k a year.
Reply 14
Original post by Lemon Haze
Probably like £15k a year.

Could you reduce the price by going on a family members insurance
It is unlikely any insurance company would insure a 17 year old on such a car, you usually won't even get insured on some higher end more powerful cars, a supercar will be out of the question.

Its quite difficult to get insurance on a supercar for a person of any age if that is their only car too.
Reply 16
Could you reduce the price by going on a family members insurance

As long as you're the main driver else it's "fronting".
I was wondering if a 17 year old would be able to get insured for an bmw i8 how and much would it cost per month

Thanks 😜

I'm 17 and own an i8 infact, read this very late tho aHAHah.

Black i8 with 66 reg, 1 year old, great car, on my name for 28k insurance, and i paid 58k for the car itself used from auto trader

madDmADD
Reply 18
Original post by zainwaraich123
I'm 17 and own an i8 infact, read this very late tho aHAHah.

Black i8 with 66 reg, 1 year old, great car, on my name for 28k insurance, and i paid 58k for the car itself used from auto trader

madDmADD

And you felt the need to dig up a 2 year old thread to brag about it?

Even more peculiar when your apparent get-rich story suggests you:

Bought 4 houses (despite being underage to even sign a contract), somehow doubled the value of a house which would've been impossible within a reasonable timeframe (i.e, plausible pre 2012, which would suggest you bought said house at 12 years old or bought a fixer upper in such, poor state of repair you had enough capital to buy it out-right AND have the time and money to fix it to a double value condition). At the same time, buying and doing the same for 4 other properties. Do you know how long it takes to not only buy but renovate a house?

Made 6x your money on the 'stock market'.

Made 304k 'buying and selling' cars somehow using a mere 52k capital despite the small margins (you wouldn't have had enough to buy anything of real exclusivity nor any credit status to do so) and lack of time for any sort of substantial appreciation to happen.

All before the age of 17 whilst doing your GCSEs and A-levels and paying all the tax in between, of course.

Even if all this were true, it'd take a serious amount of time for it to happen. The trick to lying is consistency but none of it adds up. A poor compulsive liar at such a young age. What a shame.

Original post by zainwaraich123

idk if you care now.. but I'm a multi millionaire
i first opened an eBay shop and saved up 8.2k

put in stock market and got 52k.

bought cars and sold them to 304k.

bought a home for 220k and sold for 400k, and did this similar with 3 other properties

now i have over million, and invested in flats in dubai, like 5, n they are getting huge amounts of rent now, 4k a week from each
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by NX172
And you felt the need to dig up a 2 year old thread to brag about it?

Even more peculiar when your apparent get-rich story suggests you:

Bought 4 houses (despite being underage to even sign a contract), somehow doubled the value of a house which would've been impossible within a reasonable timeframe (i.e, plausible pre 2012, which would suggest you bought said house at 12 years old or bought a fixer upper in such, poor state of repair you had enough capital to buy it out-right AND have the time and money to fix it to a double value condition). At the same time, buying and doing the same for 4 other properties. Do you know how long it takes to not only buy but renovate a house?

Made 6x your money on the 'stock market'.

a

Made 304k 'buying and selling' cars somehow using a mere 52k capital despite the small margins (you wouldn't have had enough to buy anything of real exclusivity nor any credit status to do so) and lack of time for any sort of substantial appreciation to happen.

All before the age of 17 whilst doing your GCSEs and A-levels and paying all the tax in between, of course.

Even if all this were true, it'd take a serious amount of time for it to happen. The trick to lying is consistency but none of it adds up. A poor compulsive liar at such a young age. What a shame.

bro, the funniest thing is i had the last laugh.

cause i grinded everyday for a better life, in which i am not gonna lie, i am bit of a show off, but i do have these possessions

anything is possible with hard work and consistency, and knowing the right people.

Latest