The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Guess what people, its a miracle1
Reply 61
i Have only just gone and kept my job, theyve put me on a final written warning!! and have moved me to stock control as they think it will be easier for me, they said it would of been an instant dismissal but the manager has given me the benefit of the doubt because i am young and have a life ahead of me! woo hooooo
Original post by DUNNY98
Guess what people, its a miracle1

Original post by DUNNY98
i Have only just gone and kept my job, theyve put me on a final written warning!! and have moved me to stock control as they think it will be easier for me, they said it would of been an instant dismissal but the manager has given me the benefit of the doubt because i am young and have a life ahead of me! woo hooooo

great, i'm happy for you!

now you just have to make sure you never do anything else wrong!
Reply 63
Original post by blahbleeblah
great, i'm happy for you!

now you just have to make sure you never do anything else wrong!

thank you blahbleeblah
my dad really helped me save my job aswell he helped in speaking, and the manager said to me hes putting his neck on the line for me , after he revealed i was keeping my job, it was such relief in the training room i must of said thankyou about 20 times!
Original post by DUNNY98
thank you blahbleeblah
my dad really helped me save my job aswell he helped in speaking, and the manager said to me hes putting his neck on the line for me , after he revealed i was keeping my job, it was such relief in the training room i must of said thankyou about 20 times!

Hi, nice to hear the update. What has done is done it's in the past. While I'm sure you'll be fine -- and hope as much -- one thing that could be a bit tricky, is how your fellow colleagues deal with you back on the till.

I hope it isn't the case that they have a negative opinion of you/treating you with contempt etc., because they get a perception that the manager has been especially favorable to you, but I'm just warning you that it could be something to guard against. Winning back their trust and confidence, especially if you even hint someone could have ratted you out, could be crucial.
In my opinion you didn't do anything wrong.

You took paper/ coupons that would otherwise be thrown away.

The only thing with your situation is that if I was you, on my shift, at work I would NEVER take coupons, vouchers, receipts whatever not at my OWN workplace. You sort of get in, get out. Know that you are being watched and clearly you have learnt it's not worth it.
(edited 8 years ago)
Anyway congrats. You deserved to keep your job!
Original post by ubisoft
Taking another person's property without that person's permission or consent with the intent to deprive the rightful owner of it.

OP said they did not want the coupons, so he was not depriving them of it.

They are Sainsbury's' property until such time as the customer accepts them
Reply 68
I used to work for Sainsburys, I think a dismissal is harsh, I thought they would have suspended you for a week or so.
Reply 69
they did suspend me for a week while they were investigating, and the main department manager moved me to stock control which i like much better than the tills, however a cashier team leader did say she was glad i was back , which was a good things, and thanks for your comments everyone!:smile:
Good for you OP but to be honest, I think Sainsburys grossly exaggerated here. How old are you? If you were born 98, you frickin 17 years old. I would have taken these coupons, too if I were that young. I mean, they are not that much worth anyway, a few pence or 1-2 quid per receipt max.

Honestly, is this a ''police state'' we are in? All they could have done is, talk to you about it, see your reaction and then tell you that it was ''wrong''. You are a human being! Not needlessly scare you, holding a meeting which takes a week to decide the ''verdict'', and threatening of potentially sacking you. As if Sainsburys didnt make millions of profit anyway. You probably made 5 quid profit. They are the ones who look ridiculous.
1) It is stealing
2) It's hilarious that people have tried to argue that it isn't stealing when the coupons belong to the supermarket
3) The argument about stealing on here is almost as bad as the argument about 'how many days in a fortnight there are' that was on the bodybuilding forums.
Just seen this update, glad you kept your job, hopefully you gave learnt from it and good luck

PS now you are on stock control remember taking that food on the last use by date because it would otherwise go in the skip is also stealing :lolz:
Reply 73
Original post by ubisoft
Taking another person's property without that person's permission or consent with the intent to deprive the rightful owner of it.

OP said they did not want the coupons, so he was not depriving them of it.

The coupons belong to Sainsburys actually - read the blurb on the back. Sainsburys are extremely hot on this; you weren't listening in the induction clearly. A woman with years of service to Sainsburys was recently sacked on the spot for eating a biscuit someone had left. If a customer refuses/leaves a coupon then simply throw it in the bin.
Reply 74
Original post by balkanlad
1) It is stealing
2) It's hilarious that people have tried to argue that it isn't stealing when the coupons belong to the supermarket
3) The argument about stealing on here is almost as bad as the argument about 'how many days in a fortnight there are' that was on the bodybuilding forums.

Very true; it states clearly on the back of the coupons that that are the property of the company.
Original post by Tim_01
Very true; it states clearly on the back of the coupons that that are the property of the company.

Also states in the OP that this was almost 3 years ago.
Reply 76
Original post by Andrew97
Also states in the OP that this was almost 3 years ago.

I know and so what?? You read it, what I said is still informative and relevant. Didn't know there was a time limit on what one can comment on; please go on and show me that rule!
Original post by Tim_01
I know and so what?? You read it, what I said is still informative and relevant. Didn't know there was a time limit on what one can comment on; please go on and show me that rule!

Well.
A: this has been pointed out numerous times.
B: The OP hasn’t logged on since 2015, so it is not relevent to him anymore.
C: There is no limit. But if thread hasn’t had a post for 3 years it’s not a relevent issue to the OP anymore.
Reply 78
Original post by Andrew97
Well.
A: this has been pointed out numerous times.
B: The OP hasn’t logged on since 2015, so it is not relevent to him anymore.
C: There is no limit. But if thread hasn’t had a post for 3 years it’s not a relevent issue to the OP anymore.

Well if you think about it why bother publishing anything then!? It is published and so it is is in the PUBLIC domain. Like others I googled something that was a relevant issue to me so ended up with a list of sources one of which was this thread. As it is now in the PUBLIC domain I am allowed to both read it and comment on it if I so wish.

If you want a system of ensuring everything is just relevant to the original OP may I suggest ink written letters perhaps...
Original post by Tim_01
Well if you think about it why bother publishing anything then!? It is published and so it is is in the PUBLIC domain. Like others I googled something that was a relevant issue to me so ended up with a list of sources one of which was this thread. As it is now in the PUBLIC domain I am allowed to both read it and comment on it if I so wish.

If you want a system of ensuring everything is just relevant to the original OP may I suggest ink written letters perhaps...

https://www.deanmorriscards.co.uk/images/medium/products/DMT-59.jpg

Latest

Trending

Trending