The Student Room Group

female Muslim and masturbation help

hi
for the past few days, I feel like I've completely lost my Iman. all I do is sin and commit the act, then repent. even after repenting I masturbate again. this lasts for 3-4 days, I leave it for 2 weeks and then go back to it. After sinning I can't study or anything. I feel like I've completely gone away from religion. I'm always angry and stressed out, my parents are stressing me by telling me my exams are near. I feel like God isn't happy with me. I'm trying but I feel so lost. I've stopped praying as much nowadays. I am giving no up on everything. I'm so cold now, and I don't know why I'm sinning. I try and stay away from all haram stuff. Can someone please help me?
I know desires and stuff is normal, but what I'm doing everyday isn't normal. Please help.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Welcome to adulthood.
Reply 2
Original post by Nottie
Welcome to adulthood.

you aren't helping.
I swear I've seen like 4 of these threads over the past 2 days or so
i know how you feel i am a male muslima and i basically have the same problem. We are lucky we are still young and God understands it is hard for us to control our urges at this age. Masturbation actually is allowed (i think, i suggest you google it), but it is watching po*n that is haram.
i suggest you go to the merciful servant and watch his video on it, it is a powerful reminder about the effects of whatever your problem is.
everytime you think of doing it, just distract yourself from it, go talk to your family or call a friend or study.
and for the prayer side, i do not know to be honest, do not force yourself to pray just because you feel you are sinning, it should be something you want to do just to show love to God.
sorry there is nothing else i can really say i dont know
Original post by Anonymous
hi
for the past few days, I feel like I've completely lost my Iman. all I do is sin and commit the act, then repent. even after repenting I masturbate again. this lasts for 3-4 days, I leave it for 2 weeks and then go back to it. After sinning I can't study or anything. I feel like I've completely gone away from religion. I'm always angry and stressed out, my parents are stressing me by telling me my exams are near. I feel like God isn't happy with me. I'm trying but I feel so lost. I've stopped praying as much nowadays. I am giving no up on everything. I'm so cold now, and I don't know why I'm sinning. I try and stay away from all haram stuff. Can someone please help me?
I know desires and stuff is normal, but what I'm doing everyday isn't normal. Please help.

is there a way i can message you personally?
Religious people are funny.
The amount of these horny Muslim threads on here..
I’m literally in the exact same boat as you...
Why do you say god if you are a Muslim, don't muslims normally say Allah?
hi

Go to NoFap on reddit or something, they have content that could advise you on this, maybe reward yourself with a snack or hobby every day that you don't masturbate?
Original post by fkinthecoffee

It means same thing . I use both most of the time
Original post by fkinthecoffee

Allah is the arabic name for God. Not that deep
hi

Lets focus on some psychology. Religion is an ideology. It affects you mentally only to the extent that you subscribe to it. Guilt and obsession are not holy, rationality is (explained below).

If you obsess over something, feel guilty, ruminate on it and then repeat the behaviour you are ingraining it into your brain. Because of your guilt complex, you are making it more of an issue than it is.
Masturbation is natural, it is not 'haram'. Obsessing about it and feeling guilty about it and repenting about it is definitely not natural.

So masturbate when you feel the 'urge'. Once you're done, don't think anything more of it. Get on with your day like nothing happened, and stop mentally obsessing. The next day or so, resist the 'urge' by apprehending it when it arises. Then carry on with what you are doing. If at any point you do succumb- get over it, and stop mentally fixating on the act.

It may be true that you are in fact using masturbation to procrastinate from your revision. Perhaps use it as a reward? Wake up, revise all day. Then have some fun? :biggrin::wink::parrot:

Reframe the act in your mind and you will see it differently, and behave differently. Your behaviour is being driven by obsession, guilt, and panic, not rationality- rationality is God-like and holy, worthy of a servant of God. Guilt, obsession and fixation are not holy at all.
God sees everything- masturbation only affects you negatively if you let it- thats why God discourages masturbation because it can harm no one else but you, if you let it harm you. So do it when you want to if you feel the need, don't feel bad, and don't let it take over your life.

I hope that helps. I am quite alarmed by the rise in posts from people who emphasise a) that they are Muslim b) link it to problems in their family/social/educational life.
Go to NoFap on reddit or something, they have content that could advise you on this, maybe reward yourself with a snack or hobby every day that you don't masturbate?

Could be a problem if masturbation is the hobby...
hi

I feel your pain...I am a gay muslim.....and I want to stop but also carry on!!!! I do not know what to do!!!
Original post by Andrew97
Could be a problem if masturbation is the hobby...

That's what I was thinking :lol:
Original post by idkthename
i know how you feel i am a male muslima and i basically have the same problem. We are lucky we are still young and God understands it is hard for us to control our urges at this age. Masturbation actually is allowed (i think, i suggest you google it), but it is watching po*n that is haram.
i suggest you go to the merciful servant and watch his video on it, it is a powerful reminder about the effects of whatever your problem is.
everytime you think of doing it, just distract yourself from it, go talk to your family or call a friend or study.
and for the prayer side, i do not know to be honest, do not force yourself to pray just because you feel you are sinning, it should be something you want to do just to show love to God.
sorry there is nothing else i can really say i dont know

Thank you brother
I've heard of his channel, I'll check out the video. I get where ur coming from, it's just like I don't even know so hard
hopefully InshaAllah I rid this habit
is there a way i can message you personally?

it depends, yes maybe
I want to keep a low profile though for a few days though
I’m literally in the exact same boat as you...

thought I was the only one, it really sucks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending