The Student Room Group

The Russian perspective

I know there are a lot of people who suffer from confirmation bias and never want to listen to another other perspective and these kind of people might rather die with a rifle rather than look into and analyse a bit of information but tough luck. I am inserting here the Russian perspective. Alex Jones, Nigel Farage and Andrey Afanasyev.

Scroll to see replies

I'm not watching 54 minutes worth of material just to find out that your thread, like most of the others you write, is full of garbage.
Original post by SHallowvale
I'm not watching 54 minutes worth of material just to find out that your thread, like most of the others you write, is full of garbage.

Because you’re brainwashed. You are part of the postmodern post-truth reality where truths are not empirical and you wouldn’t care. You think something is true and it just doesn’t matter to you whether it really is. The entire U.K. runs on this reality and I have used scientific reality in many of my posts to show this. If you’re idiotic enough to be brainwashed by the broadcasters and politicians in your country that most of your actual countrymen don’t even believe, well it’s your maturity that this shows.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Airplanebee2
Because you’re brainwashed. You are part of the postmodern post-truth reality where truths are not empirical.

Why do you believe that?
Why do you believe that?

Because this country is running on what science says are falsehoods. I keep showing it on thread after thread.

How did the country get so brainwashed as to be unable to actually think critically and look at the other side of anything? How did it happen?
(edited 6 years ago)
Because this country is running on what science says are falsehoods. I keep showing it on thread after thread.

How did the country get so brainwashed as to be unable to actually think critically and look at the other side of anything? How did it happen?

In one of the previous threads I immediately highlighted a glaring error in your argument with counter examples backed by historical documentation. Your response? You didn't respond, you just rambled on about X, Y and Z, none of which had been relevant.

"You're just brainwashed" is the kind of thing you're likely to hear from people who are themselves brainwashed.

Alex Jones is a character who runs his shows to make money selling bogus products to gullible people such as yourself. Nigel Farage is a career politician who loves the sound of his own voice.
In one of the previous threads I immediately highlighted a glaring error in your argument with counter examples backed by historical documentation. Your response? You didn't respond, you just rambled on about X, Y and Z, none of which had been relevant.

"You're just brainwashed" is the kind of thing you're likely to hear from people who are themselves brainwashed.

Alex Jones is a character who runs his shows to make money selling bogus products to gullible people such as yourself. Nigel Farage is a career politician who loves the sound of his own voice.

Not really it’s what you hear form people who you ask, promote me with evidence for:

- climate change
- race and gender are social constructs
- transgenderism is a healthy medical condition
- group differences in outcome are caused by oppression and prejudge

They cannot provide any evidence yet are convinced if It. That is called brainwashed.

One guy on here literally relied to me with “the science is people’s feelings”.

Face it, you’ve been duped by postmodern deception.
(edited 6 years ago)
Alex Jones isnt the russian perspective, he is the clickbait selling fake vitamins perspective.
Original post by hannah00
Alex Jones isnt the russian perspective, he is the clickbait selling fake vitamins perspective.

He is interviewing a Russian journalist.

You have given a typical postmodern answer I.e. the political reality but with no truth / empirical reality behind it.
I don’t think Farage is pro-Russia. More anti EU. regardless, I have no plans to sit through 54 minutes of footage to work out your point.
He is interviewing a Russian journalist.

You have given a typical postmodern answer I.e. the political reality but with no truth / empirical reality behind it.

I dont care who he interviews, there is no point listening to any production produced by someone with 0 credibility and his own lawyer says, is playing a "character"
Original post by hannah00
I dont care who he interviews, there is no point listening to any production produced by someone with 0 credibility and his own lawyer says, is playing a "character"

So I guess rather than listen to someone who has a media persona and gives true information you’d rather listen to the Central Intelligence Agency controlled media than challenge your confirmation bias. Always an excuse for people to keep their confirmation bias.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Mockingbird

If you disagree with any of the facts that I discuss please argue on the facts and not peripheral issues because while facts mean it contains equality, diversity, tolerance and climate change (“critical thinking”) to the broadcasters and politicians, this is not so to me.

Someone literally has to be delusional to believe the official construct in this country (for examples disband a police all male choir for not being inclusive enough).
(edited 6 years ago)
There are much better sources to elucidate the Russian perspective than Alex Jones and Nigel Farage.

The main Russian gripe is the bad faith expansion of NATO to Russia's borders. In addition, the US has unilaterally pulled out of joint arms agreements and refused to negotiate new arms control agreements.
Original post by Palmyra
There are much better sources to elucidate the Russian perspective than Alex Jones and Nigel Farage.

The main Russian gripe is the bad faith expansion of NATO to Russia's borders. In addition, the US has unilaterally pulled out of joint arms agreements and refused to negotiate new arms control agreements.

Why don’t we go to the top of the tree, the strategy layer that the most lemmings brains can’t cope with.

The multi polar world view vs uni polar world view and the people at the top of each, the Russian Oligarchs vs. Uni polar chiefs: Rothschild / Rockefeller / Paul Wolfozitz / Zbigniew Brzezinski / Henry Kissinger etc.

Isn’t Syria just the forum where this is playing out?

The only mystery is why did Trump break with his campaign promise to oppose this? Or he is playing the media and neocons and is doing to just bomb and empty warehouse for show to move the story on?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 14
I might be more sympathetic to your point if you didnt use crack pots like Alex Jones and half wits like Nigel Farage as sources...
Not really it’s what you hear form people who you ask, promote me with evidence for:

- climate change
- race and gender are social constructs
- transgenderism is a healthy medical condition
- group differences in outcome are caused by oppression and prejudge

They cannot provide any evidence yet are convinced if It. That is called brainwashed.

One guy on here literally relied to me with “the science is people’s feelings”.

Face it, you’ve been duped by postmodern deception.

Evidence of climate change.

It's strange how you claim to have used "scientific reality" in your posts yet seem to reject climate change.

On the topic of science, nothing you have written in your threads is at all scientific. Writing some long opinion piece and attaching a video to it of people who agree with you is not science. Science is to make a specific and falsifiable claim and support it with raw, unbiased evidence.

Being transgendered is neither healthy or unhealthy. Those who suffer from gender dysphoria, which is a real mental illness, are definitely unhealthy, although that doesn't mean that transgendered people are also unhealthy. Hell, one possible treatment for gender dysphoria is transitioning.
I feel sorry for al them westerners who say "the chemical attack was false flag to frame Russia". It really is saddening that you would betray your country and support a regime that gasses his own people.
Reply 17
Original post by The PoliticalGuy
I feel sorry for al them westerners who say "the chemical attack was false flag to frame Russia". It really is saddening that you would betray your country and support a regime that gasses his own people.

I’m curious, how does a distinct distrust of American and british claims render someone a traitor?
Reply 18

The real traitors are those constantly agitating to drag their countrymen into yet another pointless war.

I feel sorry for people to live in confirmation bias land.

I heard a radio presented argument vigorously yesterday that the 2013 UN report of Syria chemical attack’s found that Assad carried them out.

https://news.un.org/en/story/2013/09/449052-clear-and-convincing-evidence-chemical-weapons-use-syria-un-team-reports

https://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign_involvement_in_the_Syrian_Civil_War

I went in my phone and check the report and it only said that chemical attacks had taken place not who did it.

People are convinced at things that are not so. And none of these people check any sources. They are arguing just from a position of confirmation bias.

Rather than go and check any sources these people simply refer to people who have checked the sources as “people like Alex Jones and Nigel Farage” and are this way able to perpetuate and justify their confirmation bias.

They are like a puppet intelligentsia that are simply running off the funding that is behind the fake news.

They are too lazy to read basically and hence are ignorant. And they think they are the smart ones and the well read people the idiots because as I’ve said before this is postmodernism where everything is upside down.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending