The Student Room Group

AAA possible?

I’m currently in year 12 (first year of sixth form) and I have mocks in 2 months (mid June) my predicted grades are C’s but I’m currently working at B’s in all of my subjects. I haven’t started revising properly for my mocks however I recently had a biology assessment involving most of the content we have covered so far and managed to get an A (with lots of hard work) and we have had a few small tests in psychology which I have achieved A/B grades on. Is it too late to get AAA/AAB in my mocks if I started revising now?? Also how hard would it be to achieve AAA in my A-levels at the end of year 13 (as the uni I would like to go to has AAA entry requirements for psychology)

Thanks!
Original post by jordanxstrong
I’m currently in year 12 (first year of sixth form) and I have mocks in 2 months (mid June) my predicted grades are C’s but I’m currently working at B’s in all of my subjects. I haven’t started revising properly for my mocks however I recently had a biology assessment involving most of the content we have covered so far and managed to get an A (with lots of hard work) and we have had a few small tests in psychology which I have achieved A/B grades on. Is it too late to get AAA/AAB in my mocks if I started revising now?? Also how hard would it be to achieve AAA in my A-levels at the end of year 13 (as the uni I would like to go to has AAA entry requirements for psychology)

Thanks!

No it's not too late, but definitely get your head down now and work hard.

I'm going to be honest, it does get harder in A2. I did both biology and psychology (OCR) and year 2 was definitely a lot harder. My advice: start making notes and revising the content from September - you will thank yourself this time next year that you did. I got an A* in psychology and a B in biology. If you are doing the same exam boards send me a message if you need any help.

Good luck :smile:
Reply 2
Of course not mate, I'm a Medical Student 2018 entry. Firstly the predicted grade you get from your mocks won't influence your offer chances as much as you'd think, if you got predicted say AAB/ABB, there's still a relatively good chance of you getting and offer, a lot of my mates have been predicted BBB-BBC and still manged to get AAA offers, but that depends on how competitive your course is in terms of offers to applications.

Its definitely a bit late for you to take notes on everything, summarize it, learn them, then apply it and practice. But I'd recommend you do past papers and lots of questions, maybe even the first few papers do open book and once you've done enough you'd have covered the course at the same time. I had a similar problem in Year 12, when I had AS exams and I started revision too late, but that's what I did and it worked tbf I did do a hell load of revision in the time I had left, I also watched videos and done a few mind maps on sub topics that connected. I ended up getting AAAAA at AS
Original post by DrawTheLine
No it's not too late, but definitely get your head down now and work hard.

I'm going to be honest, it does get harder in A2. I did both biology and psychology (OCR) and year 2 was definitely a lot harder. My advice: start making notes and revising the content from September - you will thank yourself this time next year that you did. I got an A* in psychology and a B in biology. If you are doing the same exam boards send me a message if you need any help.

Good luck :smile:

Ok thank you!! I’m doing biology, psychology and geography (I love biology and psychology so I’m more motivated to revise those however I am not enjoying geography)
Original post by JZ0623
Of course not mate, I'm a Medical Student 2018 entry. Firstly the predicted grade you get from your mocks won't influence your offer chances as much as you'd think, if you got predicted say AAB/ABB, there's still a relatively good chance of you getting and offer, a lot of my mates have been predicted BBB-BBC and still manged to get AAA offers, but that depends on how competitive your course is in terms of offers to applications.

Its definitely a bit late for you to take notes on everything, summarize it, learn them, then apply it and practice. But I'd recommend you do past papers and lots of questions, maybe even the first few papers do open book and once you've done enough you'd have covered the course at the same time. I had a similar problem in Year 12, when I had AS exams and I started revision too late, but that's what I did and it worked tbf I did do a hell load of revision in the time I had left, I also watched videos and done a few mind maps on sub topics that connected. I ended up getting AAAAA at AS

Thank you!!
Original post by jordanxstrong
Ok thank you!! I’m doing biology, psychology and geography (I love biology and psychology so I’m more motivated to revise those however I am not enjoying geography)

I did geography too but the old AQA spec. Good luck with all your subjects I'm sure you'll smash them.
Original post by DrawTheLine
I did geography too but the old AQA spec. Good luck with all your subjects I'm sure you'll smash them.

Ahh I’m doing new edexcel, thank you!!
Reply 7
I need to submit the form for my A levels on Friday n am still not sure wat I actually want!! I want to go to medicine field but at the same time am considering business law or something w politics .. so am planning to do chemistry n biology and for the 3rd one i was considering politics. But chem n bio r AQA n am not sure how much harder AQA specification compared to the edxecel A level . I need AAA for the uni i would like to go to . At the same time tho for law the uni want english/law n they didn't specifiy for the other 2 A levels . But am not sure wat career will interest me more . Any advice ?
Reply 8
Original post by Soso39
I need to submit the form for my A levels on Friday n am still not sure wat I actually want!! I want to go to medicine field but at the same time am considering business law or something w politics .. so am planning to do chemistry n biology and for the 3rd one i was considering politics. But chem n bio r AQA n am not sure how much harder AQA specification compared to the edxecel A level . I need AAA for the uni i would like to go to . At the same time tho for law the uni want english/law n they didn't specifiy for the other 2 A levels . But am not sure wat career will interest me more . Any advice ?

I'm an Offer Holder/Medical student for September 2018, Message me if u need advice about Medicine Application Insta: @johnzhou23

Quick Reply

Latest