The Student Room Group

Last Minute Help

I'm in year 11 and really need help with my GCSEs....
Original post by profytofficial
I'm in year 11 and really need help with my GCSEs....

Yeah, with what subject(s)
English, Science, Geography, History...
Original post by redbull114
Yeah, with what subject(s)

Which Science?
(heh)
In all seriousness, If you have any science questions then feel free to hit some my way. Chemistry maybe not so much, but definitely Phys/Bio c;
You know with physics, dont understand is
Electromagnetic Induction

Original post by Callicious
Which Science?
(heh)
In all seriousness, If you have any science questions then feel free to hit some my way. Chemistry maybe not so much, but definitely Phys/Bio c;

If you go onto my study resources, I made flashcards for Single Award Science (C1,C2,C3,P1,P2,P3,B1,B2,B3) which really helped me get through them but you may have done them already and your onto additional science, I don't know how it works at your school.

I did history but dont know if you did the same topic I did which were the Romans and stuff aswell as Germany. If you are doing Germany and Romans and **** then I'll send you some resources.

As for English, its hard to help you out with that as I watched Mr Bruff videos most of the time and I had a personal tutor for English aswell.

Didn't do Geography unfortunately
Reply 6
what exam boards do you follow for english, history and science? (sorry icant help you with geography)
also do you study a book for english lit and if so what is it?
Thank your for your help ;-D . Can i still use these resoruces for the new GCSEs. Im doing Weimar Germany as well for history.

Original post by redbull114
If you go onto my study resources, I made flashcards for Single Award Science (C1,C2,C3,P1,P2,P3,B1,B2,B3) which really helped me get through them but you may have done them already and your onto additional science, I don't know how it works at your school.

I did history but dont know if you did the same topic I did which were the Romans and stuff aswell as Germany. If you are doing Germany and Romans and **** then I'll send you some resources.

As for English, its hard to help you out with that as I watched Mr Bruff videos most of the time and I had a personal tutor for English aswell.

Didn't do Geography unfortunately
Thank your for your help ;-D . Can i still use these resoruces for the new GCSEs. Im doing Weimar Germany as well for history.

Yeah yeah, I did my GCSE's last year and that was when the 1-9 grades (new GCSE grades) were introduced. No problem man and ok cool I'll find my revision materials I had for Germany
Reply 9
I did Geography and Biology, what help do you need? Topic specific or...?
You know with physics, dont understand is
Electromagnetic Induction

Not sure about GCSE level EM Induction, so, here's the basic skimmy (I'm assuming you don't need equations, but, this is just an explanation anyway)

There is a quantity associated with a magnetic field, known as Magnetic Flux Density. Magnetic Flux Density * area gives the magnetic flux through that area. When this quantity changes, we can say that there is a changing magnetic flux density, which is associated with the electromotive force/EMF, effectively the potential difference generated across the component across which the flux changes, through a proportionality:

EMF is directly proportional to rate of change of magnetic flux.

So, electromagnetic induction, which is presumably this (forgive me if it isn't, this is just induction by a magnet which generates electricity so to speak, so) works through that process: a magnet and a conductor (usually metal, i.e. copper) have relative motion causing a changing magnetic field across the conductor, producing our EMF.

The reality behind the phenomena lies with the forces at work: the magnet actually causes a magnetic force to appear on the charges inside the conductor and the flow of these charges produces the EMF, since the potential difference just results from the separation of charges that have had work done on them by this magnetic field.

Wind Turbine wise/etc; a magnet is turned by the wind, a solenoid surrounds it, and the higher the surface area of this solenoid the higher the induced EMF across it, i.e. more area = more magnetic flux. It's an AC source, but that might be beyond the GCSE spec.

Either ways, hope that helped! If not, I can rewrite it to try and help better ;-;
Hiya,

English: AQA
HISTORY: EDEXCEL
SCIENCES: EDEXCEL

English Literature: A Christmas Carol, An Inspector Calls and Macbeth
Poem Cluster: Power and Conflict

Original post by casual_ravenclaw
what exam boards do you follow for english, history and science? (sorry icant help you with geography)
also do you study a book for english lit and if so what is it?
Im stuck with river processes...
Original post by GaoXiner
I did Geography and Biology, what help do you need? Topic specific or...?

Quick Reply

Latest