The Student Room Group
On campus at University of Greenwich
University of Greenwich
London

University of Greenwich 2018 Accommodation Thread

If you are trying to work out which halls of residence are right for you this the place to get those queries answered!

Our accommodation booking system opens on the 10th March.

We are able to guarantee accommodation to new students, subject to the conditions that can be viewed here.

Post any questions you have about our halls of residence. Our advisers and students that have lived in halls will be able to help and provide advice.

:tsr:

Avery Hill Accommodation:
The Student Village

Greenwich Accommodation:
Cutty Sark
Daniel Defoe
Devonport House
McMillan Student Village

Medway Accommodation:
Medway Halls of Residence
Reply 1
Hi, I applied for the Daniel Defoe hall but I am finding the whole interface rather confusing. I was thinking of maybe switching my request to cheaper accommodations at Avery Hill.

I was wondering if I could get more information on the actual "living" difference of these halls and how I would go about changing my request.
On campus at University of Greenwich
University of Greenwich
London
Original post by Erebus_C
Hi, I applied for the Daniel Defoe hall but I am finding the whole interface rather confusing. I was thinking of maybe switching my request to cheaper accommodations at Avery Hill.

I was wondering if I could get more information on the actual "living" difference of these halls and how I would go about changing my request.

Hello!

The best thing for you to do would be to contact our Accommodation team directly who would be able to assist with the change request. You can email [email protected].

What do you mean by 'living' difference? Is this the living cost or to do with what the lifestyle is in the halls?

Katie :rave:
So I've managed to secure my place (deffered entry) for 2019. Now I'm looking at choosing which accomodation to apply for.

Can anyone give me some advice on which to choose in terms of atmosphere, nightlife, convenience?

It's between cutty sark and avery hill

Thanks!
Original post by Uponacliff
So I've managed to secure my place (deffered entry) for 2019. Now I'm looking at choosing which accomodation to apply for.

Can anyone give me some advice on which to choose in terms of atmosphere, nightlife, convenience?

It's between cutty sark and avery hill

Thanks!

Hey!

One of our Student Ambassadors who has lived in a range of halls at the university has provided the below response for you:

Our Cutty Sark hall of residence is within easy walking distance of the university and is offered to students studying at our Maritime Campus in Greenwich. If you prefer the privacy of your own bathroom facilities, all bedrooms within this hall are en euite, with a communal living area and kitchen. Cutty Sark is located above the Cutty Sark DLR station and is a 5 minute away from the local train station, Greenwich Pier, Greenwich Market and a 10-minute walk away from Greenwich Park and our current Student’s Union, Bar Lattitude. From September 2018 our newly refurbed Dreadnought will be opening providing a central hub for students.

Our Avery Hill Student Village on the other hand is a 30-minute bus ride away on our free intercampus bus and is available for both Maritime Greenwich students and those studying at our Avery Hill Campus. En-suite facilities are available with a communal living area as well as shared bathroom facilities. The Student Village is where the bulk of our accommodation is located, with central London only a 30-minute train ride away. Avery Hill is also home to Sparrows, our on-campus bar ran by the Students Union. This offers a beer garden, BBQ, live sport events as well as club nights running twice a week.

Kim
Reply 5
Can someone help me regarding Avery hills campus accommodation. Which floors/flat numbers have balconies in the Catherine Aragon court building? Also which ones face the Boleyn court?
Hi ,is it possible to find people living in your flat to get into contact with before moving in ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending