The Student Room Group

Border Force Officer / Assistant 2018

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chbrown
What if you don't do well in your online test. It was a lot of information to read in little time and I also missed two questions as they were timed out. When will I know if I past the online test? Thanks

I think from the candidate pack there is a required standard from the online tests so if you pass that then your 4 statement answers will go to a panel.

I wouldn’t even think about time scales - The are movable and also can go past the advertised dates - also I know at times with civil service if they have an large number of applications they can close early
Original post by ksq
The test is nothing to worry about guys. I've just completed it. Just ensure your speed reading skills are in check as you have around 1 minute to read and answer each question. No feedback was provided.

How many questions are there and what sort of things do they ask If you don’t mind?
Reply 62
Original post by Sierra20180
How many questions are there and what sort of things do they ask If you don’t mind?

There are 12 questions. You have to read a few paragraphs and then there are multiple choice answers.
Reply 63
Original post by shell_xx_shell
I think from the candidate pack there is a required standard from the online tests so if you pass that then your 4 statement answers will go to a panel.

I wouldn’t even think about time scales - The are movable and also can go past the advertised dates - also I know at times with civil service if they have an large number of applications they can close early

Thanks for this. I am disappointed as I was timed out on two questions and have a feeling I did'nt do too well in the others. I just hope I am wrong.
Original post by chbrown
There are 12 questions. You have to read a few paragraphs and then there are multiple choice answers.

Thank you :smile:
I haven’t received an email yet with the online test. Is this possibly because I submitted my application form yesterday?
I haven’t received an email yet with the online test. Is this possibly because I submitted my application form yesterday?

They told me both times I called the tests come out in batches so I’m guessing they are staggered. 😊

I believe as shell said its done in batches and according to the date you submitted. You will receive two emails. One with the instructions on how to enter it and one telling you what do to.
Original post by Abc3534
I believe as shell said its done in batches and according to the date you submitted. You will receive two emails. One with the instructions on how to enter it and one telling you what do to.

Brilliant, thank you
They told me both times I called the tests come out in batches so I’m guessing they are staggered. 😊

Ok great, thank you 😊
My opinion is that (and it’s only a guess) is that given the massive window for the start dates they will stagger the recruitment process to reflect this also.

Also anyone who is successful - vetting will always take longer than they say.

ALSO DONT GIVE YOUR NOTICE IN UNTIL YOU HAVE WRITTEN CONFIRMATION AKA YOUR CONTRACT! They might give you a verbal idea of time but wait for that contract. I had a 6 weeks without pay when I started my current role.
My opinion is that (and it’s only a guess) is that given the massive window for the start dates they will stagger the recruitment process to reflect this also.

Also anyone who is successful - vetting will always take longer than they say.

ALSO DONT GIVE YOUR NOTICE IN UNTIL YOU HAVE WRITTEN CONFIRMATION AKA YOUR CONTRACT! They might give you a verbal idea of time but wait for that contract. I had a 6 weeks without pay when I started my current role.

Good point! Thank you :smile: do you know if they send out the online tests to those who are successful in application or do they send them out to everyone and then sift through from there?
Good point! Thank you :smile: do you know if they send out the online tests to those who are successful in application or do they send them out to everyone and then sift through from there?

Everyone gets one, then they sift your answers
Original post by Abc3534
Everyone gets one, then they sift your answers

Cool, thank you 😊
If anyone has done their online tests, how hard are they?

Very simple to understand - some of the answers could be either way and you have to think outside the box.
But read a passage and answer 3 questions - you do this 4 times in total.
You could no way revise anything and every person has the same scenarios but the questions are slightly different or reworded.
Reply 76

It is a lot of information to take in, in a short space of time 75 seconds for the first question and then 60 seconds for the other 11 questions.
Very simple to understand - some of the answers could be either way and you have to think outside the box.
But read a passage and answer 3 questions - you do this 4 times in total.
You could no way revise anything and every person has the same scenarios but the questions are slightly different or reworded.

Thank you for that 😊 hopefully I’ll get the chance to have a go on it soon!
Reply 78
Thanks for the info :smile: also, I can’t seem to find anything online about the security clearance and what sort of checks they do. Just curious!

It’s SC clearance just be honest and play the waiting game. No interviews for this just forms and a long wait
Original post by TimboP
It’s SC clearance just be honest and play the waiting game. No interviews for this just forms and a long wait

Thank you 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending