The Student Room Group
Not if your personal statement is really applicable to both, lots of people apply for different (but similar) degrees and admission people get that you only have one personal statement -have you considered asking a teacher, or emailing the admissions department at this uni?
Reply 2
Original post by meredith2017
Not if your personal statement is really applicable to both, lots of people apply for different (but similar) degrees and admission people get that you only have one personal statement -have you considered asking a teacher, or emailing the admissions department at this uni?

I'll do this, thanks! Is it possible for me to get into both courses then?
Yeah it's totally possible get accepted to both !
Original post by zzoex
If I apply for two courses at the same university, (for example Medicine and Cancer Biology), does this make me less likely to get accepted, as I seem less interested in the courses?

This isn't a problem in the case of Medicine. Universities know full well that you can only apply to four medical schools and that you will therefore have a different subject as your fifth choice.
Reply 5
Original post by zzoex
If I apply for two courses at the same university, (for example Medicine and Cancer Biology), does this make me less likely to get accepted, as I seem less interested in the courses?
Medicine is a special case, because you can only apply to four medical schools; therefore if you applied for a back-up choice at one of the medical schools you have applied to, this will not raise any eyebrows.

More generally, if you are applying for broadly similar courses, or a single honours choice and a joint honours choice with a subject in common, at the same uni, it's not usually worth using up two of your choices in this way. If a uni doesn't want to make you an offer for the course you have applied for, they may well automatically consider you for an alternative where they have offers to spare. The uni can substitute a revised course code at their end. In this case, the best advice is put down whichever course is your first choice and see what happens.
I got accepted for 2 different courses in 2 different departments at UCL, so yes, it's possible.
Original post by Sandtrooper
I got accepted for 2 different courses in 2 different departments at UCL, so yes, it's possible.

May I ask if it is for medicine and another course?
Original post by Riva32951
May I ask if it is for medicine and another course?

Nope.
Original post by Sandtrooper
Nope.

which course was it? if you dont mind me asking
Original post by Qxi.xli
which course was it? if you dont mind me asking

Neither of them run any more, but one was in ancient history and the other in archaeology, both focussing on Egypt. The first has been absorbed into ancient history alone, and the other was made into a new degree - archaeology of Egypt and Sudan.
Thread closed due to age.
If you have a question about university applications please start a new thread by clicking here.

Latest

Trending

Trending