The Student Room Group

BA Film Production/Filmmaking/Film & Television offers

I submitted my UCAS around the beginning of December last year and so far have had 4 out of 5 decisions. I applied for various practical film courses (as well as 1 studies in case I couldn't get any of the others) and wanted some opinions on what would be the best choice for me as someone who wants a career in the industry, hopefully as a director.

The courses I've been given conditional offers for are:
Arts University Bournemouth - Film Production
University of Bristol - Film and Television
University of the West of England, Bristol - Filmmaking
(King's College London - Film Studies)

Have yet to hear back from UAL but since AUB is my initial first choice I just wanted to know if anyone had any insights on which course they think is good/the best. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
hey,

i got a conditional from AUB as well and it was also my first choice initially, but now i've read that the student satisfaction is really low and the lectors and the course in general isn't that great... not really sure what to think about it. did you have an interview with them? i was made an offer based only on my portfolio which i think is kind of weird.
Reply 2
i didn't have an interview either since i live in asia. however i have a friend currently attending AUB and she says it's been a lot of fun and that you get to work with film cameras pretty early on so it's a pretty hands on experience. i have another friend with offers from falmouth and bournemouth who visited both campuses for interviews and she's having a hard time choosing because both seemed really good to her?

i know what you mean about the student satisfaction and i've read a few negative reviews online too but someone else said that mostly people who review are the ones who are unhappy and the rest don't bother. i don't know take that with a grain of salt. also in terms of lecturers i think compared to some other BA film production courses it almost seems as good as it's gonna get? but only in terms of credentials, can't say anything about actual engagement and commitment.

Original post by reginaregina
hey,

i got a conditional from AUB as well and it was also my first choice initially, but now i've read that the student satisfaction is really low and the lectors and the course in general isn't that great... not really sure what to think about it. did you have an interview with them? i was made an offer based only on my portfolio which i think is kind of weird.
Reply 3
Not sure if this makes it any easier to answer but now I also have an offer from UAL in addition to my other 4 offers. I thought I had finally decided on AUB but found out last week that I had been admitted to NYU Tisch's Film and TV course with a partial scholarship as well. It's still very expensive though in comparison to all of my England offers.

My question of what any of you think the best option would be still stands, aside from finances (which admittedly is of course still a huge factor) do you think the courses I applied to in England are of the same standard, higher, or lower than Tisch's?
(edited 6 years ago)
If I had a offer from NYU Tisch, I would definitely go there. It is obviously one of the best film school in the world and a lot of young talents go there. That means you get a lot of equipments and best lecturers and alumni. If you want to get into Hollywood film industry, you should definitely choose NYU.

Original post by lhomerun
Not sure if this makes it any easier to answer but now I also have an offer from UAL in addition to my other 4 offers. I thought I had finally decided on AUB but found out last week that I had been admitted to NYU Tisch's Film and TV course with a partial scholarship as well. It's still very expensive though in comparison to all of my England offers.

My question of what any of you think the best option would be still stands, aside from finances (which admittedly is of course still a huge factor) do you think the courses I applied to in England are of the same standard, higher, or lower than Tisch's?
Original post by lhomerun

HOW DID YOU GET THIS?

I would go to NYU. I usually don't say this, because there's no point, but film schools are usually compared to places like America or Australia.

Good luck!
Reply 6
Original post by misaki0113
If I had a offer from NYU Tisch, I would definitely go there. It is obviously one of the best film school in the world and a lot of young talents go there. That means you get a lot of equipments and best lecturers and alumni. If you want to get into Hollywood film industry, you should definitely choose NYU.

Hey, thanks for the advice I ended up committing to my place at NYU the other day!
Reply 7
Original post by solar222222
HOW DID YOU GET THIS?

I would go to NYU. I usually don't say this, because there's no point, but film schools are usually compared to places like America or Australia.

Good luck!

Thanks!! I decided to go to NYU, appreciate the input : )

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending