The Student Room Group

Adult Nursing 2019

Anyone looking to apply for nursing in Sep 2019?

I am starting access to nursing course this Sep with the plan to apply for nursing Sep 2019 anyone else?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MDouglas

I am starting access to nursing course this Sep with the plan to apply for nursing Sep 2019 anyone else?

It may be a little early to find many people looking to apply for 2019. Generally people start looking for 2019 threads around June/July time when people are starting their personal statements.
Reply 2
Original post by Charlotte's Web
It may be a little early to find many people looking to apply for 2019. Generally people start looking for 2019 threads around June/July time when people are starting their personal statements.

Thats what I thought thank you just thought id post in case there was anyone else planning ahead 😊
Reply 3

I am doing the same.☺
Reply 4
Original post by JanineJay
I am doing the same.☺

Hey :smile:

Where are you taking your course?

Have you thought about which uni's you're going to apply to for the nursing degree?
Reply 5
Hey :smile:

Where are you taking your course?

Have you thought about which uni's you're going to apply to for the nursing degree?

Im looking at Adult Nursing

North East colleges: Northumbria, Sunderland and Tees. 2018 I have to do an access course.

Im new to the UK so not sure what other unis are nearby for me to apply to at this point. Going to the Northumbria and Tees open days this yr.

And yourself?☺
Reply 6
Im looking at Adult Nursing

North East colleges: Northumbria, Sunderland and Tees. 2018 I have to do an access course.

Im new to the UK so not sure what other unis are nearby for me to apply to at this point. Going to the Northumbria and Tees open days this yr.

And yourself?☺

Also adult nursing, I did consider child nursing for a while but set on adult nursing now

Im doing my access to nursing course at Kingston College

I'm hoping to the nursing course at Kingston Uni but will be looking at a few other uni's that are relatively close as can't go too far due to my family
Reply 7
Also adult nursing, I did consider child nursing for a while but set on adult nursing now

Im doing my access to nursing course at Kingston College

I'm hoping to the nursing course at Kingston Uni but will be looking at a few other uni's that are relatively close as can't go too far due to my family

I wanted to do Midwifery. In my country of orgin Nursing and Midwifery is done as one course so have options between careers. So here unfortunately I had to choose.

Im still in shock about the fees tho. Almost unbelievable how costly it is. Im actually looking for work to try and save up that money while I do my access.
Reply 8
I wanted to do Midwifery. In my country of orgin Nursing and Midwifery is done as one course so have options between careers. So here unfortunately I had to choose.

Im still in shock about the fees tho. Almost unbelievable how costly it is. Im actually looking for work to try and save up that money while I do my access.

We used to do a top up option where you could study nursing for 3 years and then do a midwifery course for 1.5 years and then you'd be qualified as both but that's been pretty much stopped now (think a couple of unis might still offer the option but don't think its many any more) think it was done to ensure that when someone choose that course they did so because they were dedicated to it

Same with the fees they are pricey and daunting but least it should mean the people doing the course are people that really want to do that course and that career path
Reply 9
We used to do a top up option where you could study nursing for 3 years and then do a midwifery course for 1.5 years and then you'd be qualified as both but that's been pretty much stopped now (think a couple of unis might still offer the option but don't think its many any more) think it was done to ensure that when someone choose that course they did so because they were dedicated to it

Same with the fees they are pricey and daunting but least it should mean the people doing the course are people that really want to do that course and that career path

That might definitely not exist anymore as I have. never seen it at the unis of my choice. Pity.

What do you currently do?
I am, 2nd time doing access as it was 2009 that i did it before and 2010 i did 1st yr adult nursing.
Our course gives us a place at uni as long as you pass it.
Original post by bunnieboo
I am, 2nd time doing access as it was 2009 that i did it before and 2010 i did 1st yr adult nursing.

why do you need to do access again even after 1st yr nursing? can you not just continue?
Reply 12
That might definitely not exist anymore as I have. never seen it at the unis of my choice. Pity.

What do you currently do?

Yeah it's a shame they stopped doing it

I'm currently a stay at home mum, wanted to do this for years but wasn't really possible when my kids were younger but now they're all at school I feel able to go for it now

What about you?
Reply 13
Original post by bunnieboo

Good luck with starting again :smile: where abouts are you taking your course?
Yeah it's a shame they stopped doing it

I'm currently a stay at home mum, wanted to do this for years but wasn't really possible when my kids were younger but now they're all at school I feel able to go for it now

What about you?

I too an a stay at home mom. Been home for 7 yrs now. Like you i have wanted to do this for years but i had to work to support my children and couldn't engage full time. My youngest is 2 turning 3 and he will go to school in september so im freed up a bit..My other kids sre in school. Just got to learn to manage everything and everyone I guess.
Reply 15
I too an a stay at home mom. Been home for 7 yrs now. Like you i have wanted to do this for years but i had to work to support my children and couldn't engage full time. My youngest is 2 turning 3 and he will go to school in september so im freed up a bit..My other kids sre in school. Just got to learn to manage everything and everyone I guess.

Yeah that’s going to be the challenge here too but I figure just go for it and can figure all that out as we go along
(edited 6 years ago)
why do you need to do access again even after 1st yr nursing? can you not just continue?

Because i did it so long ago and the course has changed.
Good luck with starting again :smile: where abouts are you taking your course?

Edinburgh college, Thank you
Reply 18
Morning everyone how are you all? Is everyone ready for their course in Sep?

Does anyone know where we can brush up on biology? When I went for the interview and was told I had a place the tutor told me to brush up on my biology but have no idea where to start lol

I'm starting an access course in September, but applying for child nursing in Sept 2019 rather than adult. Which universities are you considering?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending