The Student Room Group

AQA A-level Business Studies Revision Help

Do you do you recommend any specific revision tips for business studies?

I’m perfectly fine with my revision for everything else except business. I know all the knowledge that I have to know but I just don’t know how to apply it or how to properly structure an accounting essay. Can you please answer me the following questions :
1) what are some key tips on revising business, given that I know all of the key knowledge?
2) how should I approach a question and what is the best way to lay out an essay and what should I include?
3) what else should I be aware of when reivising for business studies ?
4) what things are essential/vital for me to know and have before sitting the A-level exams?

Thank you, please respond as fast as you can.
Original post by Bthrel12
Do you do you recommend any specific revision tips for business studies?

I’m perfectly fine with my revision for everything else except business. I know all the knowledge that I have to know but I just don’t know how to apply it or how to properly structure an accounting essay. Can you please answer me the following questions :
1) what are some key tips on revising business, given that I know all of the key knowledge?
2) how should I approach a question and what is the best way to lay out an essay and what should I include?
3) what else should I be aware of when reivising for business studies ?
4) what things are essential/vital for me to know and have before sitting the A-level exams?

Thank you, please respond as fast as you can.

Hey if you still need help on this question just PM me and I'll be able to send you some resources & give tips as I got an A* last year :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by jjlife888
Hey if you still need help on this question just PM me and I'll be able to send you some resources & give tips as I got an A* last year :smile:

hi im Yasmitha I need help im in year 10 I need help in my case study pls can you help me
Original post by yasmitha
hi im Yasmitha I need help im in year 10 I need help in my case study pls can you help me

Of course, private message me your email address
Reply 4
sorry im new to this so I don't how to do it
A youtuber called takingthebiz helps with exam technique
Reply 6
How do you do well in business?
i’ve not even begun my revision for business yet and the first business exam is in like 3 weeks. Any tips to improve my business knowledge quickly?? I some how fluked last years mock exam for paper 1 and got an A. But, this time i feel i won’t be getting any higher than a D.
Reply 8
Original post by Jim6874
i’ve not even begun my revision for business yet and the first business exam is in like 3 weeks. Any tips to improve my business knowledge quickly?? I some how fluked last years mock exam for paper 1 and got an A. But, this time i feel i won’t be getting any higher than a D.

Same but ive started reading through the cgp revision guides and tutor2U resources. I’m making flashcards for the content I need to memorise and will be doing practice questions the rest of the week. I’m not sure if my technique is okay but I literally don’t know how to revise for buisness
I still haven’t started. I bought a CGP revision guide as well at the start of the year, but its just so boring to read that after a page or two, i’ll just switch off. My technique is also not great.
Reply 10
Original post by Jim6874
I still haven’t started. I bought a CGP revision guide as well at the start of the year, but its just so boring to read that after a page or two, i’ll just switch off. My technique is also not great.

Try watching takingthebiz or tutor2u videos and then practising papers. Theres videos of people going through papers on youtube that are really helpful
Reply 11
I remember watching takingthebiz on repeat last year a week before the exam and still got a B
Reply 12
Original post by dddd1
I remember watching takingthebiz on repeat last year a week before the exam and still got a B

I need a B minimum, how many times did you watch it and did you do practise questions with it or try to memorise the content in it etc?
Reply 13
Original post by sobiaz
I need a B minimum, how many times did you watch it and did you do practise questions with it or try to memorise the content in it etc?

I barely ever did practise qs which was probably why I got a B. I watched the videos like a hundred times to remind me of the theories etc. the videos defos helped stick the info in my head but I wouldnt recommed just doing that cause I was lucky to get a B in the end as initially it was a C 2/3 marks off a B but in the end got the B by getting my exams remarked.
Original post by dddd1
I barely ever did practise qs which was probably why I got a B. I watched the videos like a hundred times to remind me of the theories etc. the videos defos helped stick the info in my head but I wouldnt recommed just doing that cause I was lucky to get a B in the end as initially it was a C 2/3 marks off a B but in the end got the B by getting my exams remarked.

I’m just going to do what you did, watch videos and just hope for the best. I have unconditional offers on the courses i’ve chosen for uni. So, i think i’m just going to try get a C at least. But, I need to work on my exam techniques though, because i get low marks on the essay style questions in class.
jjlife888
Hiya! I was wondering if you had any tips for me???
Original post by amjn2002
Hiya! I was wondering if you had any tips for me???

message me !!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending