The Student Room Group

Barclays group finance apprenticeships

How hard are these to get get into. I completed the application and done the initial first assessment, however I know I did not get all questions right some areas seemed harder than others.

I would like to know if anyone passed even though they know for sure they did not achieve full marks.

Many thanks

Scroll to see replies

I thought the tests were really hard, but managed to get through to the video interview stage.

I know someone who works for them on the GF apprenticeship and he said that 700 applicants age knocked out at that stage, and it takes 90% score to pass the test. Have you got to do the video interview?
Reply 2
Original post by tomallen98
I thought the tests were really hard, but managed to get through to the video interview stage.

I know someone who works for them on the GF apprenticeship and he said that 700 applicants age knocked out at that stage, and it takes 90% score to pass the test. Have you got to do the video interview?

Wow. I only completed the get to know you assessment but some of those questions were actually really not as easy as i had imagined and i wish i had prepared. I do not think i got 90%on that assessment.

At the end it just said you have a few interesting months ahead we will be here to support you all the way. But i guess that is generic and then i received an email saying i would hear within 4 weeks omif i have got round to the next stage. What is the digital interview like?

It is a competitive appreticeship because the opportunity seems great. Wow 700 people.

The only thing that makes me angry is you are not going to know everything it does not mean you do not have the potential. I mean i have never before had to answer queations like that first time.
Original post by Hipe1116
Wow. I only completed the get to know you assessment but some of those questions were actually really not as easy as i had imagined and i wish i had prepared. I do not think i got 90%on that assessment.

At the end it just said you have a few interesting months ahead we will be here to support you all the way. But i guess that is generic and then i received an email saying i would hear within 4 weeks omif i have got round to the next stage. What is the digital interview like?

It is a competitive appreticeship because the opportunity seems great. Wow 700 people.

The only thing that makes me angry is you are not going to know everything it does not mean you do not have the potential. I mean i have never before had to answer queations like that first time.

Yeah it was basically a business exam paper in my opinion, the situational part was okay but the business questions were fairly difficult considering I’ve never studied business..

Yeah I heard I’d made it through more than 4 weeks over! Such a long time to wait.

I haven’t done mine yet, doing it tomorrow! I know, I had a test for Deloitte and it was the worst experience I’ve had with video interviews lol.
Reply 4
Yeah it was basically a business exam paper in my opinion, the situational part was okay but the business questions were fairly difficult considering I’ve never studied business..

Yeah I heard I’d made it through more than 4 weeks over! Such a long time to wait.

I haven’t done mine yet, doing it tomorrow! I know, I had a test for Deloitte and it was the worst experience I’ve had with video interviews lol.

That took a lot of patience on your behalf, I guess they probably are increasing in applications as the years go by as more people are aware of the opportunity.

That is an achievement in itself so well done, like you I did not find the scenarios difficult to answer as I am able to make a decision pretty much on the spot, however the numerical reasoning I was not prepared for, naively I did not research and I feel you needed a certain skill set which I do have but felt rather rusty (lol) would hate to now miss out on this great opportunity as a result.

Good luck for tomorrow I am sure you will smash it, do not let nerves interfere with letting them see the best of you. If you do not mind let me know how you get on. I am sure you have learnt plenty from your last digital interview.

I will in case of reaching any further stage look at their values again and practice numerical reasoning assesments. Look forward to hearing from you.

Best of luck
That took a lot of patience on your behalf, I guess they probably are increasing in applications as the years go by as more people are aware of the opportunity.

That is an achievement in itself so well done, like you I did not find the scenarios difficult to answer as I am able to make a decision pretty much on the spot, however the numerical reasoning I was not prepared for, naively I did not research and I feel you needed a certain skill set which I do have but felt rather rusty (lol) would hate to now miss out on this great opportunity as a result.

Good luck for tomorrow I am sure you will smash it, do not let nerves interfere with letting them see the best of you. If you do not mind let me know how you get on. I am sure you have learnt plenty from your last digital interview.

I will in case of reaching any further stage look at their values again and practice numerical reasoning assesments. Look forward to hearing from you.

Best of luck

Thanks - appreciated! Yeah numerical reasoning is not being a maths genius, it’s GCSE but with a harsh timer on the side. I know maths graduates who have failed those tests..

I’m sure you will have passed the test, be confident in your work! I researched Barclays earlier on and made notes on their values etc and their history to prepare for the interview!

Did you apply to JP Morgan last year?
Reply 6
Fingers crossed .You sound prepared their values are extremely important and i guess how you can uphold them will matter a great deal. Their history and vision also up there. How you can contribute..... the list goes on.No you do not but it is applying the skills when you have not practiced that makes it seem difficult.No i did not, this is the first apprenticeship i have applied for.Excited for you, good luck!☺
Reply 7
Thanks - appreciated! Yeah numerical reasoning is not being a maths genius, it’s GCSE but with a harsh timer on the side. I know maths graduates who have failed those tests..

I’m sure you will have passed the test, be confident in your work! I researched Barclays earlier on and made notes on their values etc and their history to prepare for the interview!

Did you apply to JP Morgan last year?

2 Rep: Report 1 minute ago
Fingers crossed .You sound prepared their values are extremely important and i guess how you can uphold them will matter a great deal. Their history and vision also up there. How you can contribute..... the list goes on.No you do not but it is applying the skills when you have not practiced that makes it seem difficult.No i did not, this is the first apprenticeship i have applied for.Excited for you, good luck!☺
2 Rep: Report 1 minute ago

Thank you - appreciated! I’ll let you know how I get on. Yeah, history is important as shows you’ve done your research. Oh really? That’s quite late?! Only 1?!

Thank you! :smile:

Did the interview, safe to say I will not be getting through the next stage. I’m quite frustrated, these companies asking questions about meetings and reports, when they’re aimed at school leavers? Are we not meant to learn those things whilst on the job?

There were some normal interview questions in there, which were fine. For the very first time, I had to cut off whilst recording as I just purely didn’t have an answer..

The layout for the numerical testing at the start is poor, difficult to interpret quickly and so makes it a whole lot tougher. It baffles me how candidates are meant to know these things.

Good luck with this - not much you can prepare for really!
What were the normal interview questions?And what kind of questions were they asking on reports etc.? I need to do mine, but I am nervous!
Original post by GetLucky
What were the normal interview questions?And what kind of questions were they asking on reports etc.? I need to do mine, but I am nervous!

I don’t want to disclose what they are just to be fair to myself😂 but literally “the usual” questions when you apply to a company..

Not so much on reports but more focused on meetings and stuff, difficult if you’ve never had a meeting in a working environment before.
Reply 12
Did the interview, safe to say I will not be getting through the next stage. I’m quite frustrated, these companies asking questions about meetings and reports, when they’re aimed at school leavers? Are we not meant to learn those things whilst on the job?

There were some normal interview questions in there, which were fine. For the very first time, I had to cut off whilst recording as I just purely didn’t have an answer..

The layout for the numerical testing at the start is poor, difficult to interpret quickly and so makes it a whole lot tougher. It baffles me how candidates are meant to know these things.

Good luck with this - not much you can prepare for really!

Just to add i got my get to know you assessment feedback form back. My area of weakness came out as relationship building which i guess is not good! However i am an efficient organiser. But i think thia might just go against me
Just to add i got my get to know you assessment feedback form back. My area of weakness came out as relationship building which i guess is not good! However i am an efficient organiser. But i think thia might just go against me

Exactly the same as me - mine came out as good at numerical things, my weakness was relationship building which is utter rubbish. But I managed to get through, they’ll probably pass people on how well they do on the test
Reply 14
Exactly the same as me - mine came out as good at numerical things, my weakness was relationship building which is utter rubbish. But I managed to get through, they’ll probably pass people on how well they do on the test

Wow really. Do not be hard on yourself, once i got through i had done a great interview all areas but did not get the job and another time i did a great one to one but did miserable in the practical part but still got the job.

As long as they can see your potential and you answered some really well, you should really stand a chance - plus how do you know anyone did any better than you?

I have an online interview. YAY!
Wow really. Do not be hard on yourself, once i got through i had done a great interview all areas but did not get the job and another time i did a great one to one but did miserable in the practical part but still got the job.

As long as they can see your potential and you answered some really well, you should really stand a chance - plus how do you know anyone did any better than you?

I have an online interview. YAY!

Yeah I suppose that’s true - I’m past it now! It’s so weird how you can really perform and get a job at some companies, and do the same for another and not get it. I have a reserve offer from J.P. Morgan, and got denied straight off the bat by UBS. Weird.

Well done - I told you so. Good luck! Let me know how you get on.
Yeah I suppose that’s true - I’m past it now! It’s so weird how you can really perform and get a job at some companies, and do the same for another and not get it. I have a reserve offer from J.P. Morgan, and got denied straight off the bat by UBS. Weird.

What exactly is a reserve offer?
Original post by GetLucky
What exactly is a reserve offer?

If someone does not meet the minimum grades to work there, I will possibly get it instead as I have my grades already
Reply 18

Well stay positive you just might get a surprise!

The reserve sounds promising.

I will keep you updated could do with preparation time the email said 3 -4weeks i took that seriously.😂 now i have 3days
Yeah that’s crazy - you must have done pretty well on the test then for them to come back after what, 3 days or so?? Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest