The Student Room Group

How do you revise in 1 day?

I have 12 mock gcse exams that I haven't stated revising for and the first one is in 1 day. How do you revise and go through all the things you are meant to? Do you just read it and hope it sticks in your head?
Original post by hal_sutcliffe
I have 12 mock gcse exams that I haven't stated revising for and the first one is in 1 day. How do you revise and go through all the things you are meant to? Do you just read it and hope it sticks in your head?

If your memory is good and reliable, that method works, has for me in the past at least. If not, then you need to just gun through as much as you can and get a good night of rest, and hope for the best.
do every single past paper and memorise the mark scheme.
Bit late, my friend, but sit down with a parent/older sibling with some cups of tea, and talk through all the content you have learned. I'm guessing you will have done past paper work in class, and it won't really help at this stage to do that. For the real things though, do loads of PP and write up model answers from the markschemes.

heh it should be exciting for you. Time to scan your notes and grab what info you can. maybe 2-3 sides of notes. They are only mocks and you obviously dont care..
This has been me today. Had two days between this exam and my previous one and I was completely burned out.

I've been utilising every dirty trick I can get: relying heavily on diagrams instead of text memorisation. I memorised how to draw out the Kreb cycle (complete with enzymes, hydrogen carriers, energy, etc) in under an hour using a series of ridiculous mnemonics and colour coding.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by 999tigger
heh it should be exciting for you. Time to scan your notes and grab what info you can. maybe 2-3 sides of notes. They are only mocks and you obviously dont care..

I do care I just have 0 motivation
I also have mocks this week. I usually make index cards for each page or 2 of the textbook(compressing everything down means it’s easier to remember) or make a flash card on each bulletpount of the specification.
If you are really struggling...
I use revision videos and take notes, I find a YouTube channel called primrose kitten good for science and maths, they have videos for each topic. Write down notes as you go, then continuously revise these notes
(edited 6 years ago)
I do care I just have 0 motivation

You dont care enough otherwise you would have done something about it. Just deal with it.
You dont care enough otherwise you would have done something about it. Just deal with it.

Doesnt sound very helpful.
Original post by Pom_Bear
Doesnt sound very helpful.

Asking them to face up to the truth and learn from their mistakes tends to be quite important. Ive already told them what they need to do.
Asking them to face up to the truth and learn from their mistakes tends to be quite important. Ive already told them what they need to do.

Fair enough.
You better pray boi.

Woah okay..
Woah okay..

GJ its just mocks, but learn from it if you are bothered about doing better in future. Your life, so take responsibility.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending