The Student Room Group

Failing A-levels and thus life

I have done 0 hours of revision for my A-Levels. Im taking maths, economics and politics. I have just done a round of mocks where I got C in econ, C in politics and a D in Maths. Ive been predicted an A, C and a D respectively. I am absolutely bricking it and feel like I am going to absolutely fail especially since I need 3 A's to meet my offer. Can I fix it this late?

Scroll to see replies

of coruse , just get of tsr and buckle down to it with countless past paper

gl
Plenty of time.

For maths - complete your boards past papers and then the Solomon papers.
flash cards for economics and politics?
Reply 3
Ive got like a final round of mocks for maths coming up in like a week. What do I tell my teacher and head of year when I absolutely flunk it?
It isn’t impossible, you have ~7 weeks left and even though you’re doing hard subjects there are definitely people out there who got 3 A* in 7 weeks.Time is the most important essence that you have, pick a CGP book and revise.Do you now how many kids are in the world who just want education even if it means that they will have a test(s) in 7 weeks?A-levels are one step closer to be someone or something that has the ability to achieve greater heights.Sleep at 10 o’clock and wake up at 4 am, to do what you may ask?REVISE, never give up
Try wat u can. Otherwise u can always retake. You havent failed son. Theres always alternatives.
Mate chill.
Honestly maths you can get higher you've just got to consume every possible paper out there, Economics ngl you've got to do as many long answer (like 25 mark) questions as possible on pretty much every topic on the syllabus, even if you only do it once it'll help (but otherwise just go through each topic and go over the main parts) that might not get you an A but it'll get you at least a B. No idea about politics tho soz
Reply 7
Im also resitting a unit from gov pol and 3 units from maths. So my first exams start in 30 days. They are resits.
Original post by Bobble3
Im also resitting a unit from gov pol and 3 units from maths. So my first exams start in 30 days. They are resits.

wat boards
Reply 9
I do the exact same subjects as you. I don’t think it’s too late. For maths do loads of past papers, identify you weaknesses and work on them. For politics make loads of essay plans and perhaps flash cards for key quotes, fact and definitions. For economics do questions and revise content by making and going through flash cards.
Reply 10
Original post by Secret Soul
Plenty of time.

For maths - complete your boards past papers and then the Solomon papers.
flash cards for economics and politics?

Just wondering why do people recommend solomon papers? What is it and arent board papers enough
Original post by lonyeka
I do the exact same subjects as you. I don’t think it’s too late. For maths do loads of past papers, identify you weaknesses and work on them. For politics make loads of essay plans and perhaps flash cards for key quotes, fact and definitions. For economics do questions and revise content by making and going through flash cards.

what boards do u do for maths econ and politics

I have done 0 hours of revision for my A-Levels.

... then do some revision?
Reply 13
I do AQA for econ, Edexcel for maths and AQA for politics
Reply 14
Original post by Hello1236969
what boards do u do for maths econ and politics

Maths - OCR Mei
Economics - Edexcel A
Government and politics - Edexcel units 3B and 4B
Reply 15
Doing Unit 1, unit 3b and 4b for gov pol. For maths Im doing c1, c1, c3, c4, s1, m1. Would say I am shaky on all of gov pol. Am confident on c1, m1. Could fix up stats and c2 with like 10 hours of solid work. c3 and c4 are giving me nightmares. Econ is probably my best.
Original post by lonyeka
Maths - OCR Mei
Economics - Edexcel A
Government and politics - Edexcel units 3B and 4B

ah, how u finding mei maths? mocks? comprehension etc.
Original post by Bobble3
I have done 0 hours of revision for my A-Levels. Im taking maths, economics and politics. I have just done a round of mocks where I got C in econ, C in politics and a D in Maths. Ive been predicted an A, C and a D respectively. I am absolutely bricking it and feel like I am going to absolutely fail especially since I need 3 A's to meet my offer. Can I fix it this late?

adam gog is that u?
Original post by Bobble3
Doing Unit 1, unit 3b and 4b for gov pol. For maths Im doing c1, c1, c3, c4, s1, m1. Would say I am shaky on all of gov pol. Am confident on c1, m1. Could fix up stats and c2 with like 10 hours of solid work. c3 and c4 are giving me nightmares. Econ is probably my best.

wat boards? c3 and c4 is a horror for everyone, dont stress.

whens your first exam by the way?
Do an Access to Higher Education Course.

Quick Reply

Latest