The Student Room Group

Judicial Assistants Court of Appeal

Has anyone seen an ad for this? I've been told it's normally in March, with deadline end of the month. MoJ jobs website has nothing...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by pjs736_student
Has anyone seen an ad for this? I've been told it's normally in March, with deadline end of the month. MoJ jobs website has nothing...

Nope. Have you asked MoJ or CA?
Will apparently be out tomorrow on:

On Civil Service Jobs website (www.civilservicejobs.service.gov.uk.)

On the Ministry of Justice Jobs website (www.justice.gov.uk/jobs)

In Job Centre Plus
So have these applications still not opened? I can't manage to find them, and I'm not sure if it's just the search functions on the Civil Service and MoJ websites being incredibly unhelpful.
Original post by Permastressed
So have these applications still not opened? I can't manage to find them, and I'm not sure if it's just the search functions on the Civil Service and MoJ websites being incredibly unhelpful.

Not found either...
Does anyone know when the job app will be released? I emailed them and no one replied
(edited 5 years ago)
I received this on the 15th March in response to me emailing, but clearly it hasn't happened:

From: Civil Appeals - Administration <[email protected]>Subject: RE: Judicial AssistantsDate: 15 March 2018 at 10:31:43 GMTTo:

Dear

This will be released tomorrow. I have attached some details of the job below.

The court of Appeal Civil Division is looking to recruit 25 Judicial Assistants from October 2018. Applications will be invited for a number of fixed term posts assisting Lord and Lady Justices of Appeal. During their period with the Court the judicial assistants will give invaluable help to members of the court by analysis of appeal papers and legal research clarifying issues in advance of an appeal as well as sorting out the shape and nature of appeals in less well presented cases.

There is no fixed profile for a successful candidate but the post of judicial assistant is intended to provide entrants to the legal profession with a unique opportunity to work at close quarters with judicial members of the court. Typically a candidate will have graduated with an excellent degree (2:1 or better) and have practical experience in legal research. Experience gained in the early years of practice is valued although not essential. A judicial assistant must demonstrate high intellectual ability, incisiveness and an ability to work well under pressure. Excellent IT and written skills are also essential.

The next recruitment campaign will commence in mid-March 2018 when the posts will be advertised as follows:

On Civil Service Jobs website (www.civilservicejobs.service.gov.uk.)

On the Ministry of Justice Jobs website (www.justice.gov.uk/jobs)

In Job Centre Plus

The period of service will cover 1st October 2018 to 31st July 2019.

Tom McGhee-Lusty
IT Support
Royal Courts of Justice - WC2A 2LL
It's on the MoJ job website now. Reference 17070.
Good luck!
Reply 8
Does anyone know if pre-pupillage/TC people actually get these posts? All I've heard is about people who do them as a sabbatical after pupillage.
Reply 9
Has anyone actually managed to submit an application for this? From what I can see the description asks us to upload one doc containing a CV and letter of motivation, but the online form requires two additional documents. Any idea what these are? I've emailed but not heard anything back.
(edited 5 years ago)
was putting my CV in one, cover letter (supporting doc) in the other, and a letter of recommendation in the other
Reply 11
Finally got through to them on the phone (after 20 mins on hold) and they said to split the cover letter over two docs so thhat one talks about why you're interested in the role and the other about what you could bring. They realise they've messed up so will expect it to look a bit weird.
Original post by pjs736_student

Original post by Permastressed

Original post by 123cargo14
Does anyone know when the job app will be released? I emailed them and no one replied

Original post by TLL47
Does anyone know if pre-pupillage/TC people actually get these posts? All I've heard is about people who do them as a sabbatical after pupillage.

Original post by SM101
Has anyone actually managed to submit an application for this? From what I can see the description asks us to upload one doc containing a CV and letter of motivation, but the online form requires two additional documents. Any idea what these are? I've emailed but not heard anything back.

Original post by SM101
Finally got through to them on the phone (after 20 mins on hold) and they said to split the cover letter over two docs so thhat one talks about why you're interested in the role and the other about what you could bring. They realise they've messed up so will expect it to look a bit weird.

Has anyone heard back yet?

I saw the 3 documents issue and uploaded my CV twice and the answer to the questions in the third document so not sure how well this is going to go for me.
Original post by Murphy39
Has anyone heard back yet?

Interviews are 14-18th May, so might be a while yet.
Has anyone heard yet?

My status changed today, which is probably a bad sign, but my work are getting pissed off at me having loads of vague 'study days' so even if it's a no I'd love to know so I can get some of my annual leave back laffo
Original post by monokurobuu
Has anyone heard yet?

My status changed today, which is probably a bad sign, but my work are getting pissed off at me having loads of vague 'study days' so even if it's a no I'd love to know so I can get some of my annual leave back laffo

My status changed also. What did your status change to?
Original post by sairashani
'Your application is currently on hold, and we will be in contact with you shortly to let you know the next stage of the recruitment process.'
that what mine changed to- don't know if good or bad?

ah, same as mine.
Reply 17
Original post by monokurobuu
Has anyone heard yet?

Likewise, hopefully this is a sign of imminent news
Interviews invitations just went out by email (and also visible on the application centre on the MoJ website).
Does anyone know if this will be a competency based interview/if it's using the new or old framework? I did one recently where it was competency based but the questions were normal and don't want to be caught out again.Trying to fit STAR examples into stuff like tell us about yourself was a next level of awful.

Quick Reply

Latest