The Student Room Group

Gcse spanish - good tv shows

I'm currently in year 10 doing GCSE Spanish Edexcel. I was wondering whether their was any recommended Spanish TV shows I could begin to help me with revison?
Reply 1
..... Anyone???????????????????????????????
Reply 2
Original post by coolio333
..... Anyone???????????????????????????????

My GCSE Spanish teacher always used to put ''Extra Español'' on for us on Youtube. Cringiest acting ever but they do speak at a good pace and the vocabulary isn't too complex!

You could also search for the Spanish versions of the shows you used to watch as kid (I'm doing A Level Spanish and watch the Spanish version of Arthur quite a lot ngl :redface:). Good thing about kid shows again is that they usually don't speak that fast so it's easier for you to grasp the vocabulary/grammar structures/pronunciation etc.

You could also try news programmes (CNN Español has a 24hr live stream on Youtube). Keep in mind that they will be speaking very fast so don't feel disheartened if you don't pick a lot up!

Not a TV show but SpanishPod101 on Youtube has a lot of listening activities for beginners to advanced.

Good luck! :smile:
I wouldn't worry that much..... It's only GCSE Spanish :smile:
Reply 4
Series on a website called wlex are pretty good because they have english subtitles I loved "el gran hotel" and "el internado"
If you have Netflix, there are some great Spanish shows on there to get started with. "La Casa de Papel" (Paper House, or 'Money Heist') is a really good one. It's quite popular with English-speakers as well (there's an English dub, but go for the original Spanish). There's also "El Ministerio del Tiempo" (The Ministry of Time) which errs heavily on the historical side of things, so you'll pick up some interesting Spanish from that. Also, on Youtube, there's a Spanish series called "Extra" which is REALLY good for beginners. They speak slowly, and the American guy Sam often recaps everything in English so the plot is really easy to follow.
Reply 6
Original post by FroopSploop
If you have Netflix, there are some great Spanish shows on there to get started with. "La Casa de Papel" (Paper House, or 'Money Heist':wink: is a really good one. It's quite popular with English-speakers as well (there's an English dub, but go for the original Spanish). There's also "El Ministerio del Tiempo" (The Ministry of Time) which errs heavily on the historical side of things

Both of these are brilliant, there's also "Las Chicas del Cable" (Cable Girls) and Narcos (although this is Colombian Spanish so slightly different)

Quick Reply

Latest