The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Student accommodation bookings

I have applied for accommodation with Student.com however the first payment due date is the 18 August. I don't start my term until 1 September and don't get my student loan for that term until a couple of weeks later. Is there a way to receive student loan money earlier to help with this or anything else I can do?
Original post by EllisLamb
I have applied for accommodation with Student.com however the first payment due date is the 18 August. I don't start my term until 1 September and don't get my student loan for that term until a couple of weeks later. Is there a way to receive student loan money earlier to help with this or anything else I can do?

If you booked through Student.com, then you will need to contact them to see if they can push back the due date for the first payment.

Which course is it that you are starting in September? The majority of our courses do not start until the 17th September, and the Student Loans Company cannot release the first payment of the loan until students have physically picked up their ID card at welcome week. Payments then arrive with you in three or four working days. This is why our first payment date for our university owned accommodation isn't until the 12th October.

I would definitely contact Student.com to see if they can push that first payment date back. You can contact them on 0800 652 4582 or [email protected].

Rebecca
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending