The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Birley Vine

Is there a floor plan for the accommodation? I have chosen a room but want to have a look at exactly where it is. Or can I go into the accommodation portal and find out?
Reply 1
What floor are you on?
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 2
Original post by finnfinn
What floor are you on?

Floor 4
Original post by kazzaw
Is there a floor plan for the accommodation? I have chosen a room but want to have a look at exactly where it is. Or can I go into the accommodation portal and find out?

Hi!

You should've been able to see the floor plan when you picked your room on the accommodation portal. If this wasn't available, then I would recommend contacting the accommodation team at 0161 247 2958 or [email protected] to see if a floor plan can be sent to you.

I hope this helps :smile: If you have any more questions just give me a shout.

Rebecca
Reply 4
Thanks for the reply. I did see the floor plan at the time but I wanted to show my dad and thought that I would get the chance to see the floorplan at stage 3 of booking my accommodation. Not to worry, I am going to be in Manchester this weekend for the open day and so will ask if I can see where my room is then.

Original post by Manchester Metropolitan University
Hi!

You should've been able to see the floor plan when you picked your room on the accommodation portal. If this wasn't available, then I would recommend contacting the accommodation team at 0161 247 2958 or [email protected] to see if a floor plan can be sent to you.

I hope this helps :smile: If you have any more questions just give me a shout.

Rebecca
Original post by kazzaw
Thanks for the reply. I did see the floor plan at the time but I wanted to show my dad and thought that I would get the chance to see the floorplan at stage 3 of booking my accommodation. Not to worry, I am going to be in Manchester this weekend for the open day and so will ask if I can see where my room is then.

Just to let you know, it won't be possible to see your specific room at the visit day on Saturday, unless your room happens to be one of the rooms on show. This is because students are still living in the accommodation at the moment, so we only show a small number of rooms where student ambassadors have come forward as happy to have people visit their room.

However, even if your room isn't on show, you will be able to get a feel of the layout of the flat and it will give you an idea of what your flat will look like when you start with us in September! :smile:

Rebecca
Reply 6
Original post by Manchester Metropolitan University
Just to let you know, it won't be possible to see your specific room at the visit day on Saturday, unless your room happens to be one of the rooms on show. This is because students are still living in the accommodation at the moment, so we only show a small number of rooms where student ambassadors have come forward as happy to have people visit their room.

However, even if your room isn't on show, you will be able to get a feel of the layout of the flat and it will give you an idea of what your flat will look like when you start with us in September! :smile:

Rebecca

Thanks Rebecca, I have seen inside. It wasn't clear though from the online booking system which block is "Vine". When you look on Google, the images are before this area had been built. I'm just interested to know which block is Vine. i.e. Which one of these buildings? I've just tried to upload an image but it wont work. On this page:- http://manchesterhistory.net/manchester/outside/birley.html which one is Vine? is it G,H,I or J? And then how are they numbered?
Original post by kazzaw
Thanks Rebecca, I have seen inside. It wasn't clear though from the online booking system which block is "Vine". When you look on Google, the images are before this area had been built. I'm just interested to know which block is Vine. i.e. Which one of these buildings? I've just tried to upload an image but it wont work. On this page:- http://manchesterhistory.net/manchester/outside/birley.html which one is Vine? is it G,H,I or J? And then how are they numbered?

As far as I am aware, the Vine accommodation is block H on the map. If you ask one of our student ambassadors who are showing the Birley Flats on the accommodation tour stand on Saturday, they will be able to give you an idea as to which block is which and how the numbering works.

I hope this helps. We look forward to seeing you on Saturday! :smile:

Rebecca
Hey guys! I’m wondering the exact same thing - I’m in Australia so can’t go and see accommodation or visit for an open day. I’m applying for Birley Cluster flats in the Vine building but when I typed it into google maps street view it just showed a Road with not a lot on. Is it a proper building/halls or just random flats dotted around? Thanks! :smile:
Original post by Lilian0208
Hey guys! I’m wondering the exact same thing - I’m in Australia so can’t go and see accommodation or visit for an open day. I’m applying for Birley Cluster flats in the Vine building but when I typed it into google maps street view it just showed a Road with not a lot on. Is it a proper building/halls or just random flats dotted around? Thanks! :smile:

We have two large block of flats so they are halls rather than singular flats. One block contains 25 flats with 200 rooms, and the other has 12 flats with 95 rooms. If you watch the video below, there are some external shots which will give you an idea of what the blocks look like.

[video="youtube;V6Z_cIjrfNA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6Z_cIjrfNA&feature=youtu.be[/video]

I hope this helps :smile:

Rebecca
did you end up staying in birley vine
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending