Yeah I am, AQA
Reply 3
Original post by maria.3
yeah. what exam board are you on?

Ocr
Reply 4
Original post by Life864
Ocr

same! what texts do you do? we do Duchess of malfi, paradise lost, the tempest, gatsby and grapes of wrath
Reply 5
Original post by Life864
Ocr

ohh, i’m aqa
Reply 6
Original post by _HS
same! what texts do you do? we do Duchess of malfi, paradise lost, the tempest, gatsby and grapes of wrath

Great Gatsby
Age of innocence
Measure for measure
A Dolls House
Selected poems of Rossetti
Reply 7
ahh your texts are so much better than mine... I read the age of innocence and I loved it. Do you have any tips on how to get a high A/A*? I'm stuck on a 26 really want to be getting 28
Reply 8
Original post by _HS
ahh your texts are so much better than mine... I read the age of innocence and I loved it. Do you have any tips on how to get a high A/A*? I'm stuck on a 26 really want to be getting 28

Good joke. I am a loser at English literature. I get like D/C. I want a A though.
Reply 9
Original post by Life864
Good joke. I am a loser at English literature. I get like D/C. I want a A though.

ohhh.. I thought you were getting As and wanting to get A* :biggrin:

I would recommend PLANNING! It's so useful as a revision technique but also in exams because it means that you will have a clear argument.

For comparisons try and start your topic sentence with a difference instead of a similarity? For example: Both Fitzgerald and Wharton presents the presents American society as rigid, however Fitzgerald does.... whereas Wharton does....

For the unseen AO3 doesn't just have to be historical, it could be literary eg modernism, realism, naturalism etc and make links to other american novels.
Reply 10
Original post by _HS
ohhh.. I thought you were getting As and wanting to get A* :biggrin:

I would recommend PLANNING! It's so useful as a revision technique but also in exams because it means that you will have a clear argument.

For comparisons try and start your topic sentence with a difference instead of a similarity? For example: Both Fitzgerald and Wharton presents the presents American society as rigid, however Fitzgerald does.... whereas Wharton does....

For the unseen AO3 doesn't just have to be historical, it could be literary eg modernism, realism, naturalism etc and make links to other american novels.

I don't know what qoutes to revise or critics

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending