The Student Room Group

How difficult is BTEC Diploma Applied Science in Level 3?

Scroll to see replies

I got good subject knowledge of the three sciences but am currently not doing great on coursework. What can I do? Please help
Reply 21
Original post by WolfzWay
Hello, I'm going into sixth form and I plan on doing BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Applied Science and an A level (either history or media studie) along with it. You said you're doing biomedical science can you tell me what university please?

hi
can you please help me with unit 13 please.
thank you
Hi I am a mum and my son is doing applied science, what websites would you recommend for him when he is doing his assignment
Reply 23
Original post by ethanozi2001
Hi I am a mum and my son is doing applied science, what websites would you recommend for him when he is doing his assignment

pm me I will tell you
Reply 24
Hi can you talk to me about it I want to do it in sixth form however what careers does it lead to in the future?
Reply 25
Original post by Hawana1
Hi can you talk to me about it I want to do it in sixth form however what careers does it lead to in the future?

you can do so many things biochemistry, biomedical, biology, chemistry, radiography, physiothearphy, nurse , nutrition, public health, pharmaceutical, and many more.
Reply 26
IS it hard ?
Reply 27
Original post by Hawana1
IS it hard ?

Yes. I think yeh it is hard. I am in 2nd year and I found it hard. You have a lot of coursework to do at a time.
It depend what you want to do at university
Reply 28
Would you say it’s hard or long?
Hi
I'm thinking about doing applied science as well and was wondering if anyone could help answer some questions for me? Like how long does it typically take? And can you do it as an external candidate? As in not in 6th form /college.
Original post by woah-revision
Hi
I'm thinking about doing applied science as well and was wondering if anyone could help answer some questions for me? Like how long does it typically take? And can you do it as an external candidate? As in not in 6th form /college.

Hi,
To answer your last question, you would not be able to do it as an external candidate. Reasons:
1) The course has an element of required practicals, you would not be able to do these at home. A witness statement is evidence of these practicles..
2) Your work needs to be internally and possibly externally verified.

There are different solutions, which I can assist you with, should you require.
Pm me if you want.

Hope this helps
Reply 31
Original post by Hawana1
Would you say it’s hard or long?

I would say both. Is not very hard but still a bit hard. You will need to spend a lot of time completing your coursework. You wont be able to copy as well. From your friend or internet. You will have to put your work in turnitin before you submit it to teacher.
My advise is if you can do A level do that. Hope that help . If you have more question dont hestitate to ask
I've done a little of the L3 Applied Sciences in the past, I can assure you it's a piece of cake (depending on what kind of person you are).

You just have to be focused and committed to doing your assignments from the day you get them. Don't be distracted and do them last minute (i.e. the night before, because you won't get far with that attitude).

You need to be aiming for distinctions through and through (if you want to go to university especially), this can definitely be done, i am not trying to scare you. But you have to be self-disciplined and not get distracted. If you have goals, chase them properly. It all comes down to you in the end!

Applied Science L3 has no exams from what I know. So you don't have that additional stress luckily!

Just be prepared. The Chemistry Unit can be a bit much, but just know the basics before you go in and you'll be fine.

And NEVER EVER be afraid to ask the teacher for help, always chase them up! They are there for your support, and its their job to help you out.
Its crucial if you don't understand anything that your first port of call is your Tutor(s).
Reply 33
Hey can someone help me with unit 6 btec appiled science I need the work can u please send me and I'll pay u money for it
Reply 34
I am doing applied sciecne level 3 btec what do I choose in university to becom doctor
Original post by Danny07
I am in the second year of my applied science and got distinction in every topic in the first year, if you have any questions, feel free to message me.

What were some useful resources that helped you achieve distinctions and what advice would you give someone who is going to take this course?
Hello..

Im 34 years old and just started working in the lab under my current employees.i worked in production for 17 years but asked to set up in the lab.
Work want to send me to college to do a btec diploma applied science.however i havent done anything science wise since school.
Would i find this couse to difficult or am i ok starting from the bottom.the course starts on tuesday but im abit worried i have no knowledge
Cheers in advance
Hey I go to a pretty **** college that doesn’t give support to students but I’m not going to let that stop me from achieving . I’m currrently studying btec level 3 applied science ( 3alevels ) and I’m just wondering what is the check list your teacher gave u to be able to get P , M OR D. It would really help me a lot and any advise u have for this course .
I’m also doing BTEC Level 3 Applied Science. What degrees can I do? And what degrees earn the most money? Also, I go to a really bad college and don’t understand what the teacher says.
I’m doing level 3 applied science and I’m not sure if doing Welsh bac and resitting English would be too much work, what do you think?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending