The Student Room Group

Does he like me? Honest opinions please!!

So there’s this barista at my coffee shop and he kept asking me questions about my day. He would randomly keep smiling at me. And then he offered me a free slice of cake and extra loyalty stamps. Also when I was leaving, I looked back and he was staring right into my eyes.
Is he just being nice?
Thanks for all your answers!!

Scroll to see replies

I think he likes you
Got a fun idea - write your number on a piece of paper and go and order a takeaway coffee, when he hands you the coffee put the paper on the counter and walk out the door - then if you get a text you're onto a winner, if you want that ofc haha
Reply 3
I am not familiar with the dating/flirting scene, however even I can say with my little experience in this field that yes, there is definitely something there!
How long has this behaviour been going on for? How have you been responding to his 'passes'? Are you interested in him in a romantic way? Just a few questions to think about.
i doubt it. he's a barista. his job is to be nice so people buy more(as you are clearly doing)
Reply 5
Original post by username1138804
Got a fun idea - write your number on a piece of paper and go and order a takeaway coffee, when he hands you the coffee put the paper on the counter and walk out the door - then if you get a text you're onto a winner, if you want that ofc haha

Lol I love it 😊 I think I might do that actually
Reply 6
Original post by PusE
I am not familiar with the dating/flirting scene, however even I can say with my little experience in this field that yes, there is definitely something there!
How long has this behaviour been going on for? How have you been responding to his 'passes'? Are you interested in him in a romantic way? Just a few questions to think about.

Well I’ve only met him once! I think he’s quite fit actually lol 😂 well I’ve been smiling back but I don’t really know how to respond tbh. I want to know if he’s just being nice l- not too sure!
Reply 7
Hard to tell - usually I would say yes, it sounds like he likes you! However, I worked in retail shops and friendliness and cheeky banter can be misconstrued as flirting. As someone else suggested, give him your number. If you get a text, go for it. If he doesn't and you feel embarrassed, try a new shop.
Reply 8
Original post by becca277
Hard to tell - usually I would say yes, it sounds like he likes you! However, I worked in retail shops and friendliness and cheeky banter can be misconstrued as flirting. As someone else suggested, give him your number. If you get a text, go for it. If he doesn't and you feel embarrassed, try a new shop.

Yh, I think you’re right. It’s an independent shop so isn’t that busy... I guess I can try but I won’t be able to go in there again if it fails 😂
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous
Yh, I think you’re right. It’s an independent shop so isn’t that busy... I guess I can try but I won’t be able to go in there again if it fails 😂

It does sound quite positive though. I would definitely try giving him your number, just slide him it on a bit of paper and see where it goes. Even if he isn't interested, he might let you down gently and so it won't be too awkward. You'll never know unless you try!
Why did you get given a free cake?

Surely his managers would realize and he'd get into trouble
Why did you get given a free cake?

Surely his managers would realize and he'd get into trouble

Umm I’m not sure, maybe no one would notice one slice tbh 😂
No he does not like you, why would he give you more cake and try to make you fatter?

Spoiler

Original post by Lemonsponge
No he does not like you, why would he give you more cake and try to make you fatter?

Spoiler

Aha this made me laugh 😂
What kind of cake was it?
Sounds like he likes you
Original post by chazwomaq
What kind of cake was it?

Lol 😂 blueberry- why? 😂
Lol 😂 blueberry- why? 😂

Definitely likes you then.
Original post by chazwomaq
Definitely likes you then.