The Student Room Group

Combined Science (aqa)

Hey guys, I’m stressing out help!!
My exams GCSEs are in less then a month and I’m really struggling on revising for science.

Any good revision tips or resources would be highly appreciated
Thankyou x

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Combined science is so easy 😂
Compared at national level I got a grade 7 and did nothing for revision.
The grade boundaries r so low.
My mate got and 8 by watching YouTube videos like “freesciencelessons”
Reply 2
Original post by Kev lad

Yes but not everyone is the same, I understand it’s easy but it’s a lot of information to take in considering there’s only a month left and that’s why I need good revision ideas because I don’t know how to take all that information in in such a short amount of time
Original post by Zkhan921
Hey guys, I’m stressing out help!!
My exams GCSEs are in less then a month and I’m really struggling on revising for science.

Any good revision tips or resources would be highly appreciated
Thankyou x

freesciencelessons.co.uk

but for the love of me

GET.THE.COLLINS.TEXTBOOK.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/0008160791/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1524161174&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=collins+combined+science+9-1&dpPl=1&dpID=51BX7Z-rqwL&ref=plSrch
Original post by Kev lad

the grade boundaries are pretty much non existent, don’t know how you’d know that 🤷🏻*♀️
Reply 5
Original post by lydiarutharnold
the grade boundaries are pretty much non existent, don’t know how you’d know that 🤷🏻*♀️

For starters if you bothered to understand how he new science GCSE’s r set out you would know...
I did my mock exam which was compared at national level. I achieved a grade 7 by getting an average of 40% for combined science.
The mocks we did were compared to other students from different schools.
In essence the top 4% will get a grade 9
Reply 6
And most likely the GCSE’s will be similar difficulty therefore grade boundaries will be low
Original post by Kev lad
For starters if you bothered to understand how he new science GCSE’s r set out you would know...
I did my mock exam which was compared at national level. I achieved a grade 7 by getting an average of 40% for combined science.
The mocks we did were compared to other students from different schools.
In essence the top 4% will get a grade 9

Ah okay, so you got an average of 28? I’m on about an average of 47 per paper, do you know what that’d be?
Reply 8
Ah okay, so you got an average of 28? I’m on about an average of 47 per paper, do you know what that’d be?

Bruv the paper i did was compared to others the difficulty was much harder compared to the Mickey Mouse papers you do 😂
Reply 9
Before doing these exams I was getting 70%+ comfortably
An average of 47 per paper will probably be a grade 9
Original post by Kev lad
Bruv the paper i did was compared to others the difficulty was much harder compared to the Mickey Mouse papers you do 😂

Which paper?
Which paper?

I think it was some sort of specimen paper but not the ones online the one we did can only be accessed by aqa and schools have to request them
Original post by Kev lad
I think it was some sort of specimen paper but not the ones online the one we did can only be accessed by aqa and schools have to request them

Ah, we’ve just done them, how did they go for you?
Ah, we’ve just done them, how did they go for you?

Well after I got my mark I thought I did bad but when she compared us to national I was quite satisfied with a grade 7
Original post by Kev lad
Well after I got my mark I thought I did bad but when she compared us to national I was quite satisfied with a grade 7

Congrats :smile:
I got:
Bio 1- 44/70
Bio 2- 54/70
Chem 1- 49/70
Chem 2- 59/70
Phys 1- 49/70
Phys 2- idk yet, only did it today but that was HARD
Congrats :smile:
I got:
Bio 1- 44/70
Bio 2- 54/70
Chem 1- 49/70
Chem 2- 59/70
Phys 1- 49/70
Phys 2- idk yet, only did it today but that was HARD

If that’s aqa and You were compared nationally then that should easy be a grade 9. My best was 38 marks and I still got a 7
Original post by Kev lad
If that’s aqa and You were compared nationally then that should easy be a grade 9. My best was 38 marks and I still got a 7

As if, hope I can get that in the real thing :/
As if, hope I can get that in the real thing :/

I think the real GCSE’s will be easier but dunno, but so far ide say your doing sick
Original post by Kev lad
I think the real GCSE’s will be easier but dunno, but so far ide say your doing sick

You too, kev :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest