Combined Science (aqa)

Watch this thread
Zkhan921
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hey guys, I’m stressing out help!!
My exams GCSEs are in less then a month and I’m really struggling on revising for science.

Any good revision tips or resources would be highly appreciated
Thankyou x
Kev lad
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
Combined science is so easy 😂
Compared at national level I got a grade 7 and did nothing for revision.
The grade boundaries r so low.
My mate got and 8 by watching YouTube videos like “freesciencelessons”
Zkhan921
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Kev lad)

Yes but not everyone is the same, I understand it’s easy but it’s a lot of information to take in considering there’s only a month left and that’s why I need good revision ideas because I don’t know how to take all that information in in such a short amount of time
lydiarutharnold
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Zkhan921)
Hey guys, I’m stressing out help!!
My exams GCSEs are in less then a month and I’m really struggling on revising for science.

Any good revision tips or resources would be highly appreciated
Thankyou x
freesciencelessons.co.uk

but for the love of me

GET.THE.COLLINS.TEXTBOOK.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/000...qwL&ref=plSrch
lydiarutharnold
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
the grade boundaries are pretty much non existent, don’t know how you’d know that 🤷🏻*♀️
Kev lad
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by lydiarutharnold)
the grade boundaries are pretty much non existent, don’t know how you’d know that 🤷🏻*♀️
For starters if you bothered to understand how he new science GCSE’s r set out you would know...
I did my mock exam which was compared at national level. I achieved a grade 7 by getting an average of 40% for combined science.
The mocks we did were compared to other students from different schools.
In essence the top 4% will get a grade 9
Kev lad
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
And most likely the GCSE’s will be similar difficulty therefore grade boundaries will be low
lydiarutharnold
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
For starters if you bothered to understand how he new science GCSE’s r set out you would know...
I did my mock exam which was compared at national level. I achieved a grade 7 by getting an average of 40% for combined science.
The mocks we did were compared to other students from different schools.
In essence the top 4% will get a grade 9
Ah okay, so you got an average of 28? I’m on about an average of 47 per paper, do you know what that’d be?
Kev lad
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Ah okay, so you got an average of 28? I’m on about an average of 47 per paper, do you know what that’d be?
Bruv the paper i did was compared to others the difficulty was much harder compared to the Mickey Mouse papers you do 😂
Kev lad
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Before doing these exams I was getting 70%+ comfortably
Kev lad
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
An average of 47 per paper will probably be a grade 9
lydiarutharnold
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Bruv the paper i did was compared to others the difficulty was much harder compared to the Mickey Mouse papers you do 😂
Which paper?
Kev lad
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Which paper?
I think it was some sort of specimen paper but not the ones online the one we did can only be accessed by aqa and schools have to request them
lydiarutharnold
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I think it was some sort of specimen paper but not the ones online the one we did can only be accessed by aqa and schools have to request them
Ah, we’ve just done them, how did they go for you?
Kev lad
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Ah, we’ve just done them, how did they go for you?
Well after I got my mark I thought I did bad but when she compared us to national I was quite satisfied with a grade 7
lydiarutharnold
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Well after I got my mark I thought I did bad but when she compared us to national I was quite satisfied with a grade 7
Congrats
I got:
Bio 1- 44/70
Bio 2- 54/70
Chem 1- 49/70
Chem 2- 59/70
Phys 1- 49/70
Phys 2- idk yet, only did it today but that was HARD
Kev lad
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Congrats
I got:
Bio 1- 44/70
Bio 2- 54/70
Chem 1- 49/70
Chem 2- 59/70
Phys 1- 49/70
Phys 2- idk yet, only did it today but that was HARD
If that’s aqa and You were compared nationally then that should easy be a grade 9. My best was 38 marks and I still got a 7
lydiarutharnold
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
If that’s aqa and You were compared nationally then that should easy be a grade 9. My best was 38 marks and I still got a 7
As if, hope I can get that in the real thing :/
Kev lad
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
As if, hope I can get that in the real thing :/
I think the real GCSE’s will be easier but dunno, but so far ide say your doing sick
lydiarutharnold
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I think the real GCSE’s will be easier but dunno, but so far ide say your doing sick
You too, kev
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (277)
41.91%
The paper was reasonable (274)
41.45%
Not feeling great about that exam... (60)
9.08%
It was TERRIBLE (50)
7.56%

Watched Threads