The Student Room Group

Can I resit 2nd year of uni even if I pass the year?

I am in my second year at university. Last year I received a first with an average of 78%.

This years my marks haven't been so good. My coursework marks are on average about 50%. I'm really struggling with the course content as there's so much information this year. I will sit the exams as I've worked so hard for them over the year, but I have taken realistic predictions in saying I should achieve about 55% this year overall (2:2).

I have been actively revising since the start of the year, and during the past month I have worked 8 hours a day or so, but I am still very clueless at most things and I get a lot of answers wrong.

I have had health reasons which are approved by my university for the bad grades. Can I resit all of 2nd year, in attendance, even if I pass the 2nd year? Taking into consideration of my health reasons which have already been approved for me receiving extra time in exams this year.
Original post by nina0111
I am in my second year at university. Last year I received a first with an average of 78%.

This years my marks haven't been so good. My coursework marks are on average about 50%. I'm really struggling with the course content as there's so much information this year. I will sit the exams as I've worked so hard for them over the year, but I have taken realistic predictions in saying I should achieve about 55% this year overall (2:2).

I have been actively revising since the start of the year, and during the past month I have worked 8 hours a day or so, but I am still very clueless at most things and I get a lot of answers wrong.

I have had health reasons which are approved by my university for the bad grades. Can I resit all of 2nd year, in attendance, even if I pass the 2nd year? Taking into consideration of my health reasons which have already been approved for me receiving extra time in exams this year.

You need to ask your university whether they allow resits in cases like yours. The regulations for your degree are unique to your degree - we can’t advise on what regulations you are studying under.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending