The Student Room Group

Looking for University

Evening people,
I’m currently a year 12 students that was told I need to find or at least have an idea of what University I should apply since I’ll have to apply before the 15th of October 2018.
I’m currently doing Biology,Chemistry,Maths and Italian and I want to study Medicine.

My 3 main university choices are:
Kings College university
Imperial school of medicine
University College London

I would like to apply for other two Uni (backups) that might be outside London but still inside England .

Please, I really need advices..
Thank you.
Original post by Dolcechidykp500
Evening people,
I’m currently a year 12 students that was told I need to find or at least have an idea of what University I should apply since I’ll have to apply before the 15th of October 2018.
I’m currently doing Biology,Chemistry,Maths and Italian and I want to study Medicine.

Kings College university

I would like to apply for other two Uni (backups) that might be outside London but still inside England .

Thank you.

Look through entry requirements and selection processes very carefully and apply strategically based on your profile and your entry test results.
Evening people,

Kings College university

Thank you.

You can only apply for 4, so you need another one. the fifth you id a non medicine course.

The way you approach it is to look at the strengths of your application and then match it with an appropriate university.

Some unis place more emphasis on various aspects of your application, you need to understand what those are and where you are strong.. That means proper research into the entry policy for each uni. Your subjects should keep all unis open.

GCSE + GCE+ Interview +UKcat+Extra curric + PS +reference + Experience
In terms of unis, then be aware prestige counts for much less and they are all to the same standard, just some courses are taught in slightly different ways. That is
what you need to look into.

Read the stickies on this sub forum and previous threads. How to apply is repeated many times over.
Original post by 999tigger
You can only apply for 4, so you need another one. the fifth you id a non medicine course.

The way you approach it is to look at the strengths of your application and then match it with an appropriate university.

Some unis place more emphasis on various aspects of your application, you need to understand what those are and where you are strong.. That means proper research into the entry policy for each uni. Your subjects should keep all unis open.

GCSE + GCE+ Interview +UKcat+Extra curric + PS +reference + Experience
In terms of unis, then be aware prestige counts for much less and they are all to the same standard, just some courses are taught in slightly different ways. That is
what you need to look into.

Read the stickies on this sub forum and previous threads. How to apply is repeated many times over.

What is ‘PS’ please?
What is ‘PS’ please?

Personal statement.

Quick Reply