The Student Room Group

Natalie Portman pulls out of Israel award due to 'distressing recent events' there

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2018/apr/20/natalie-portman-israel-genesis-prize

Excellent news. Great to see celebrities take stand against oppressive criminal regimes engaged in mass killings and oppression.

And before any diehard zionist cries "ANTI SEMITISM!!", she was born in Israel.

They've also had to cancel the ceremony and the ministers want her citizenship revoked. So much for the democracy and freedom of Israel LOL.

Scroll to see replies

is she famous ? :dontknow:
Original post by the bear

Don't patronise bear - her bf is the God of Thunder - you don't want him on your ass.
I read this as Natalie Dormer...
I'm blaming @Airmed

Nah, she was only in a few incredibly esoteric movies like Star Wars, Leon and Thor :h:
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
Nah, she was only in a few incredibly esoteric movies like Star Wars, Leon and Thor :h:

me either.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 7
She even didn't make a personal statement. I hope she will be at least honest enough to renounce her Israeli citizenship, which she doesn't deserve.
Reply 8

Apart from her oscar nomination, golden globe win, regularly featuring in movies that have defined pop culture and was significant enough that the lack of her presence at this show meant it had to be cancelled, no.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by admonit
She even didn't make a personal statement. I hope she will be at least honest enough to renounce her Israeli citizenship, which she doesn't deserve.

People with criticisms of israel shouldnt have citizenship? Doesnt sound like the beacon of democracy in the middle east, pretty fascist in fact!
F*ck Israel and the Zionist regime
Reply 11
Original post by adamantacademic
F*ck Israel and the Zionist regime

Agreed. Very lovely to see even Israelis are waking up to the problems. Their ancestors would be ashamed.
Reply 12
Original post by admonit

Why doesn’t she deserve it?
Reply 13
Original post by It's****ingWOODY

She's also insanely hot
Reply 14
Original post by johnny.snow
Don't patronise bear - her bf is the God of Thunder - you don't want him on your ass.

Apparently they broke up :frown:((

Pretty nonsensical, you'd think after she had an infinity stone inside her they'd make it work.
Ah the tears.
Original post by Napp
Why doesn’t she deserve it?

Because she as a citizen did nothing for her country except spitting at it.
Reply 17
Original post by admonit
Because she as a citizen did nothing for her country except spitting at it.

Actually no. She's done a lot for Israel. She's represented Israel on an international stage, reenacting plays of famous israelis, speaking fluent Hebrew etc etc.

She's done far more than you.
She can do what she wants, I don’t care.
Good on her. **** Zionists :-)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending