The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
I'm really p*ssed off as I thought section 2 went better than I expected on the day. I'm planning on taking the resit in a week or so, but i still can't get my head around why they weren't digitized. How can the scores be normalized against the rest of the cohort with such a small sample??
I will be doing it again on the 28th too, don't know how to feel - I can't really judge if it went well last time.
Any tips for scoring highly on section 2?
Reply 142
I'm so annoyed, i completely flunked section 1 & 3 but thought I nailed section 2. I really wanted to democratic prompts to come up, now it'll probs be something about the environment which is a complete nightmare!

Also going to re-sit on the 28th. And also working nightshift the night before and after in Glasgow. £50 towards travel doesn't really cut it as compensation, you can tell they really want us to re-sit in september instead i think.
Original post by JLM1
I'm so annoyed, i completely flunked section 1 & 3 but thought I nailed section 2. I really wanted to democratic prompts to come up, now it'll probs be something about the environment which is a complete nightmare!

Also going to re-sit on the 28th. And also working nightshift the night before and after in Glasgow. £50 towards travel doesn't really cut it as compensation, you can tell they really want us to re-sit in september instead i think.

Apparently they've located the box - but cannot confirm this until Monday. Im neither here nor there. It's really frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!
Section 2 papers have now been found!!! This is a big relief.
Hi!

I was set on sitting the GAMSAT in September this year. However, following my first scan I found out that my delivery date is a week after the GAMSAT but have been told it could actually happen either be a week before or after the expected date of delivery. I got really torn as I really wanted to sit it this year but worried that I might actually give birth on the day. The nearest test centre is also 3hrs from where I live. I haven't disregarded taking the exam but I know I have to. It's a long shot but is there anyone out there who has been in the same position?
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by sheryl_31
Hi!

I was set on sitting the GAMSAT in September this year. However, following my first scan I found out that my delivery date is a week after the GAMSAT but have been told it could actually happen either be a week before or after the expected date of delivery. I got really torn as I really wanted to sit it this year but worried that I might actually give birth on the day. The nearest test centre is also 3hrs from where I live. I haven't cancelled my exam but I know I have to. It's a long shot but is there anyone out there who has been in the same position?

Hi Sheryl-31,

I think I would be a risky adventure to take it September, knowing you are likely to give birth around that time. Although I am a man, however, having gone through the process last march, I know that it could the daunting on the day. The truth is that you will be under so much pressure throughout the exam period. I wish you all the best.
Original post by Ade_Priest
Hi Sheryl-31,

I think I would be a risky adventure to take it September, knowing you are likely to give birth around that time. Although I am a man, however, having gone through the process last march, I know that it could the daunting on the day. The truth is that you will be under so much pressure throughout the exam period. I wish you all the best.

Thank you for your input. It is definitely risky and the stress of the test might actually send me to delivery! Considering it's a 5 1/2 hour test. I'll just have to sit it next year in March. Sad to be putting it off as I'm already 33 but there are clearly more pressing matters for me to attend to this year. Thanks again.
Original post by sheryl_31
Thank you for your input. It is definitely risky and the stress of the test might actually send me to delivery! Considering it's a 5 1/2 hour test. I'll just have to sit it next year in March. Sad to be putting it off as I'm already 33 but there are clearly more pressing matters for me to attend to this year. Thanks again.

You have so much to be happy about and the exam will always be there but the birth of your child will only happen once so just relax and enjoy the journey whilst preparing for the test as well. I have realised that age is nothing as long as you are mentally prepared for what's to come you will reach your end goal.

Best wishes
I would also advise waiting, my date for my final year exams in uni was two weeks away from my due date but my daughter decided to arrive the morning of my exam! Would have hated putting off everyone else on exam day but luckily it was before I sat the paper x
Original post by Starlit2018
You have so much to be happy about and the exam will always be there but the birth of your child will only happen once so just relax and enjoy the journey whilst preparing for the test as well. I have realised that age is nothing as long as you are mentally prepared for what's to come you will reach your end goal.

Best wishes

Thanks again! You are absolutely right. I'll enjoy my time with my little one and just do my best to prepare for March.

Best wishes to you too 😊
Original post by DanEYella
I would also advise waiting, my date for my final year exams in uni was two weeks away from my due date but my daughter decided to arrive the morning of my exam! Would have hated putting off everyone else on exam day but luckily it was before I sat the paper x

Wow! Thanks. I'd hate to give birth in the middle of GAMSAT! I'll leave it for now and just carry on revising. On a positive note, it'll give me more time to prepare. There are only 3 unis I can apply to since my degree is not from the UK, all three unis require the GAMSAT. UKCAT wouldve been easier as there are plenty of dates where it can be taken but unfortunately it's not what I need. I'll apply next year and just enjoy my time with the little one for now. Thanks again 😊
Hey there, I am also planning to write the test in September 2018. I have a full time/demanding research job in Agricultural research as well and so I am super nervous and worried. Do you want to share ideas?
Original post by xdindin
hey guys i'm selling my gamsat stash of revision material - it includes des o'neil's, gradmed, i'll throw in my essays and all the exam practice questions i did.
i took gamsat back in 2014 so it's been a few years and managed to get a couple uni offers. hoping this material would go to someone really serious about getting into medicine - send me a message if anyone wants my revision materials.
good luck to all revising for gamsat :smile:

Hey, Do you still have your stash?
Meea.
Original post by Meea007
Hey there, I am also planning to write the test in September 2018. I have a full time/demanding research job in Agricultural research as well and so I am super nervous and worried. Do you want to share ideas?

Don't be nervous. Just find time to revise GAMSAT materials and you will be fine. You need quite a bit of knowledge in the sciences to actually do well. You can get the Des O'neil material just to have idea of the level of reasoning required.
so I sat the Gamsat last year and got 57, 69, 54 (58 overall), but got rejected post-interview so I'll be re-applying this year. Do you think its worth doing the gamsat again or risking it?
Original post by wishfulmedic
so I sat the Gamsat last year and got 57, 69, 54 (58 overall), but got rejected post-interview so I'll be re-applying this year. Do you think its worth doing the gamsat again or risking it?

I think if you can, it'll be good to do it again
Hi all!

If you got a higher GAMSAT score in september and prefer that over March results, but obviously have already completed your UCAS application, could you still update your uni application of your new results? If yes, how do you do it? Is it just a matter of e-mailing/calling up unis? Thank you 😊
Original post by xdindin
hey guys i'm selling my gamsat stash of revision material - it includes des o'neil's, gradmed, i'll throw in my essays and all the exam practice questions i did.
i took gamsat back in 2014 so it's been a few years and managed to get a couple uni offers. hoping this material would go to someone really serious about getting into medicine - send me a message if anyone wants my revision materials.
good luck to all revising for gamsat :smile:

Hey, Do you still have any of your gamsat materials?
Original post by jupiter0119
Anyone who’s interested in joining the what’s app group & based in London please pm your number - so far there’s 2 of us and potentially 3 with ‘lionkai10’ (:

Shall send over number now!

Latest

Trending

Trending